POSITION SUMMARY: |
Major responsibilities of this position include overseeing the adult programs administration, enrollment, and accounting operations; computerization; systems design; communication; and public relations activities. Operational responsibilities include working with program dean and the institutions staff on class starts, location of classes, identification and maintenance of classroom space agreements; budget preparation, management, and control; building positive working relationships with Institutions personnel and the colleges on-campus and full-time administration, faculty, and staff; and coordinating activities related to accreditation visits. The site director leads the Synergis team and provides required reporting to Synergis senior management.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and manages all Synergis staff for the partner location.
- Formulates short-range and long-range goals for the location consistent with the goals of Synergis senior management and the mission of the college.
- Develops and recommends the site budget to senior management
- Coordinates the adult studies program activities and plans with the program dean.
- Maintains open, honest, and collaborative communication with staff and partner personnel.
- Supervises and supports the enrollment manager in the development of new student enrollment.
- Supervises and supports the accounting manager in the maintenance financial records and attainment of financial goals.
- Manages and monitors the contractual relationship between the college and Synergis.
- Advises the college administration about all aspects of the adult studies program as appropriate.
- Represents Synergis on appropriate campus committees.
- Conducts regular adult studies director meetings, to include the program dean or his or her designee, to ensure collaborative communication and a team approach to problem solving.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior management of Synergis.
- Working with Synergis corporate personnel, develop a strategic marketing plan that allows the site to reach budgeted growth projections.
- A thorough knowledge of business, marketing, and finance as normally obtained by the completion of a graduate degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible management experience in a sales and marketing environment, developing and implementing training programs and/or team building and motivational activities, as well as, managing departmental programs and activities.
- Superior team building skills
- Ability to communicate in written and oral formats. Must possess the ability to effectively communicated and convey a professional image to the client, prospective students and the corporate community.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Organization Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.