IFC Asset Management Company, LLC (AMC) is the fund management arm of International Finance Corporation (IFC). AMC was established in 2009 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of IFC, to mobilize and manage third-party capital for investment in private enterprise in developing and frontier markets. It aims to enhance IFC’s development impact and financial sustainability, as well as generating profits for investors. AMC–managed funds are targeted at large sophisticated investors who are looking to increase their exposure to emerging markets and who are interested in accessing IFC’s transaction pipeline, investment approach and standards, global reach and track record of superior returns. AMC currently has more than $5 billion under management in the following funds:
• IFC African, Latin American and Caribbean Fund, which invests in equity and equity-related transactions in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean across a broad range of sectors
• IFC Capitalization Fund, which invests in the equity and subordinated debt of large domestic commercial banks in developing countries
• Africa Capitalization Fund, which makes equity or equity-related investments in commercial banks in North and Sub-Saharan Africa
• Russian Bank Capitalization Fund, which makes equity or quasi-equity investments in commercial banks in Russia
• IFC Catalyst Fund, which makes investments in both private equity funds managed by third parties and co-investments in certain cases.
• IFC Global Infrastructure Fund which makes equity and equity-related investments in Infrastructure projects in developing countries
In addition, AMC is planning to raise and manage additional funds in the future, each with a focus on a particular sector, region or product.
IFC’s investment departments support AMC by providing origination, execution and supervision services, but all investment and portfolio decisions for funds under management are taken independently by AMC.
Duties and Accountabilities:
AMC is looking to hire an Associate for the African, Latin American and Caribbean (ALAC) Fund. The Associate will report to the Fund Head and will be responsible for (i) working on IFC AMC and IFC investment teams to structure and negotiate investments and develop a solid and well-balanced investment portfolio for the African, Latin American and Caribbean (ALAC) Fund; (ii) assisting the team in supervising the ongoing performance of the Fund’s portfolio companies; (iii) maintaining strong relationships with the Fund’s investors and IFC investment teams, and ensure the timely delivery of Fund information.
In particular, the Associate will:
• Establish strong credibility with investee companies, IFC staff, and Fund investors
• Develop and track a pipeline of potential Fund investments in coordination with IFC’s business development teams and regional offices with a strong focus on Africa
• Provide input for deal structuring and negotiation to IFC AMC and IFC investment teams
• Present investment proposals to the fund’s Investment Committee articulating the detailed investment rationale and provide recommendations regarding new investments
• Monitor and provide recommendations regarding portfolio companies.
• Participate in investor relations activities for the ALAC Fund and help on the fundraising for other IFC AMC managed funds.
• Work closely with the Fund Head and IFC AMC’s Chief Administrative Officer in implementing effective fund administration, including investor liaison and reporting.
Masters degree in Business Administration and 3 years of investment banking corporate finance experience at a bulge bracket investment bank 2 years of which must include working in private equity. Prior experience must include: knowledge of international best market practices and global trends; strong analytical skills; financial modeling, structuring private equity deals, including an ability to mitigate risks and enhance returns; negotiating complex deals; and practical experience and deep understanding of valuation, portfolio management and private equity fund investing. Position requires frequent travel.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to: AMCRecruit@ifc.org and reference JOB CODE 10EWP.
NOTE: The selected candidate will be employed directly by AMC, which is a distinct legal entity to IFC.
IFC Asset Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Launched in September 1994, The Independent Film Channel (IFC) is the first channel entirely dedicated to presenting independent film,...