Universal McCann (UM) is a world leader in advertising communications, specializing in Media Planning and Buying services. We are dedicated to delivering sustainable communications solutions through engagement innovation and accountable creativity. Regardless of how many accounts we service, how many innovations we instigate and how many awards we win, UM would be nowhere without its employees. We are a talent-based business and we cannot be competitive without a motivated and enthusiastic workforce of talented individuals.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for assisting buyers with the preparation, maintenance, and follow through involved in negotiating and buying television and radio time.
- Assists in inputting buys and pulling system reports
- Assists in buying/allocation process
- Assists in tracking of buys
- Checks contracts and resolves billing discrepancies
- Develops reports on program content after receiving information from screening service for all primetime properties
- Learns how to develop audience estimates for programming
- Participates in agency training programs
- Knowledge and passion for media/advertising
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities
- Proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to be flexible and be a team player
- Previous experience as a coordinator or sales assistant helpful
- Bachelor's degree – degree or concentration in advertising, marketing, communications or business administration preferred but not required
It is the Policy of Universal McCann, a division of the Interpublic Group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Universal McCann - 17 months ago
Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's...