Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks an Associate to join our eight-person Recruiting and Human Resources team.
Tower is not a typical company, and this is not an average HR position. Likewise, you will have to be unusually talented to score an interview. Our ideal candidate is willing to make at least a two-year commitment and is:
Smart: You should have a high GPA from a top-tier university (our on-campus recruiting efforts focus on the Ivy Leagues and other schools with top computer science programs, so you will earn extra points if one of these schools is your alma mater). We will expect you to apply your excellent critical-thinking skills to both time-sensitive and unprecedented situations every day, creating new and modifying existing systems as you go.
Organized: “Detail-oriented” only begins to describe our ideal candidate. There are hundreds of candidates to track and thousands of details to remember, so a passion for meticulous organization is required.
Self-motivated: While many job descriptions include this criterion, we mean it. You be responsible for every step of the recruiting process, from identifying candidates to welcoming them aboard.
Outgoing: Whether you are representing Tower at a New York networking event or a west-coast career fair, we want you to reflect our spirit—hardworking, fun-loving, focused on the important stuff, and laid-back about the other stuff. As many of Tower’s most promising candidates are also courted by other firms, an important component of your job will be communicating that Tower is part of a successful career path (and it is).
In addition, you must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (you noticed and mentally corrected the typo in this job description)
- The ability to reprioritize at any moment, as much as you would like to continue crossing items off of your to-do list
- A gift for building relationships and experience as an organizational leader
- A preference for finding the best solutions (not necessarily the easiest) to problems of all sizes
Tower continues to enhance the in-house trading system and strategies that have positioned the firm as a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. While Tower offers challenges and rewards rivaling those of any Wall Street firm, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Tower’s main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. Benefits include:
- Managing each candidate’s relationship with Tower, from the new graduate applying for a receptionist role to the senior trader submitted by a third-party recruiter for a portfolio management position. Whether you are contacting a former candidate regarding a new opportunity or extending an offer of employment, you will be on the front lines.
- Overseeing and coordinating Tower’s on-campus recruiting efforts at several schools (includes some travel). From liaising with career services to crafting recruiting materials, you will be responsible for recruiting the best students from those institutions.
- Facilitating decision-making across Tower’s teams, whether you are working with a hiring manager to perfect a job description or following-up with an interviewer about a candidate’s performance.
- Exercising your discretion by designing and improving organizational processes for our growing team and firm. This includes thinking proactively about ways in which to expand the functionality of our home-grown candidate tracking system to meet our changing needs.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus 10 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival