Associate, Rich Content Management
The Rich Content Management Associate is responsible for supporting the company's rich product content management strategy. This includes the management of the company’s classification taxonomies, presentation hierarchies and standards for content models, metadata schemas and syndication methods. This responsibility supports the supply chain process for all multichannel production requirements from content acquisition to content management to multichannel publishing and electronic syndication.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Assist in the maintenance of rich product content. Auditing data for compliance against standards/inconsistencies and its scope of impact and fill-in data gaps from approved sites and suppliers and internal follow-up. Maintain a high level of data integrity and taking appropriate action to investigate potential data discrepancies related to supplier, item and catalog data in a timely manner.
• Assist in the development and management of data taxonomy, providing support for taxonomy, content, knowledge, document management, and content development projects.
• Support the research and maintenance of publication or syndication based hierarchies based upon changing business and market requirements to support general or vertical market segments by leveraging user, market and analytic data along with the hierarchies in conjunction with navigation systems, search mechanisms, search engine optimization, print publishing and interactive rich media applications.
• Assist in the content acquisition workflow process from education, training, and interaction with our software applications through final approval of the content asset into the content management system. Responsible for quality assurance of content data files accuracy and integrity through the communications of notifications and data files to suppliers of content. This includes new content adds, updates, maintenance, corrections and deletions.
• Ensure product content and associated binaries are kept up-to-date. Utilize web-based annotation software for catalog page review, reviewing and making determinations on page edits. Update content management database based on compiled edits.
• Communicate with and maintain strong relationships with customers and present United as the marketing industry leader. Provide professional and positive problem solving skills to when resolving customer conflicts.
• Develop and maintain trusted partnerships with suppliers. Work to understand the suppliers value proposition, product offering and high level business and marketing strategies and serve as an internal advocate for the supplier wherever possible. Provide professional and positive problem solving skills to when resolving supplier conflicts.
• Notify stakeholders of system issues in a timely manner. Create use-cases and providing documentation relating to day-to-day business requirements to develop and/or validate system functionality including administration of application testing and best practices. Develop, execute and document test cases.
• Anticipate and escalate any risks or issues that could impair successful project / initiative delivery
• Understanding and demonstrating United Stationers' Core Values.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Basic understanding of marketing and production processes/concepts.
• Ability to learn new software.
• Decision-making ability that heads-off potential conflicts before they materialize.
• Creative problem-solver, embraces “what’s possible” thinking.
• Extremely organized, multi-tasking expert, calm under pressure.
• Written and oral communication skills which reflect logical thinking, and are accurate, concise, persuasive and customer-service oriented
• Intermediate competency in Microsoft Word , Excel, and Access
• Intermediate competency in CMS, ECM and DAM systems. Experience in Enterworks software preferred.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 1 year of applicable experience.
• Customer facing experience in sales, customer service, technical support or related area preferred.
• Advertising agency or in-house marketing experience preferred.
United Stationers - 15 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...