This person will primarily assist designated Trust Officers in the daily administration of all types of accounts. This includes daily review of all transactions and cash reports; preparation of all necessary paperwork for cash receipts and disbursements. Fielding routine inquiries and requests from clients and business partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Process routine ticklers and those required tasks as outlined on ticklers in consultation with Trust Officers.
- Daily review of transaction journals and daily cash and equivalent balance reports.
- Maintain and print ticklers for Trust Officers.
Review FRIM fee worksheets and authorize the release and postings.
- Review overdraft reports and remedy overdrafts where applicable.
Assist in the opening process for new accounts.
- Answer client questions and as required, conduct further research work in order to respond to clients' inquiries.
- Handle all office filing requirements. Sort and review mail for Trust Officers.
- Correspond directly through letters and email with clients (both external and internal), attorneys, accountants, and business partners in the administration of accounts.
- With Trust Officer approval, prepare entries to move cash to/from accounts and ledgers to cover overdrafts
- Reprint or email pdf of statements as requested.
- Prepare disbursement entries pursuant to requests and approvals.
- Where necessary, send out confirmation letters on disbursement requests via telephone.
- Conduct disbursement call backs on fedwires and mutual fund trades.
- Where necessary, update the Account Master records.
- Where necessary, update name and address records.
- Where necessary, update investment manager Excel database.
- Serve as liaison between Administration and Operations including securities related activities.
- Assist Trust Officers in preparation of Discretionary Distribution Request Forms
Prepare drafts of annual account reviews for both fiduciary and non-fiduciary accounts for the Trust Officers.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Assist in preparing marketing presentations or proposals and maintain local trust marketing supplies.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- Minimum two years Trust Administration, Trust Operations, or Securities Operations or Investment experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Client service experience with strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Trust business are beneficial.
- College degree or comparable job experience preferred.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
First Republic Bank offers private banking, wealth management, trust, and brokerage services for businesses and high-net-worth clients...