ESL instructors needed for campus-based Intensive English Program in Frostburg.
Submit cover letter and resume to Robert Fedorow. (2-week open period)
The Associate I instructor reports directly to the Center Director and is
responsible for instructional design, instructional delivery, and evaluation of
assigned ESL courses.
- Counsel students on academic matters, when necessary.
- Demonstrate professional development.
- Keep accurate records of student performance.
- Design and prepare syllabus and lesson plans for assigned classes.
- Teach assigned classes.
- Evaluate students.
- Coordinate students' academic progress in conjunction with other teachers.
Education: Minimum of B.S. or B.A. degree with at least 3 months equivalent
full-time ESL or foreign language classroom teaching experience, or a minimum of
B.S. or B.A. degree with a certificate in ESL or foreign language which includes
a practice teaching component.
Experience: At least six months of ESL or related teaching experience is
preferred. Native fluency in English is required.
Cultural Awareness: Awareness of other cultures and exposure to other languages
are preferred. Overseas experience is preferred.