Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
The Associate Accountant position works within a team servicing clients on accounting, bookkeeping, and limited tax matters.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause is ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States. With a staff of more than 1600, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading organizations in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the world’s 8th largest network of accounting firms (with a combined worldwide revenue of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
Provide basic accounting, bookkeeping and operational support under direct supervision.
Other duties as assigned.
- Provide services pertaining to accounting, bookkeeping and payroll. Including accounts payable, accounts receivable, statement reconciliation, journal entries, general ledger, processing payroll and quarterly and year end reporting.
- Examine accounting records; prepare basic accounting, bookkeeping and payroll statements and reports.
- Provide statements and reports to client.
- Communicate with client to discuss and answer basic accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll questions.
- Perform small, non-complex tasks within engagements.
- Maintain client relationship and facilitate open communication with client.
- Meet client service expectations through adhering to time budgets and maintaining positive client communications.
- Assist team leader in providing additional services to client.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current; comply with continuing education requirements.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state, and federal practices and laws.
- Assist with small tax projects including non-income tax returns, when needed.
- Participate in special projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll. Associate’s degree in a business related field preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping and payroll principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile and keep financial records.
- Computer skills and knowledge, including typing, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with 10-key calculator and other standard office machines. Accounting software experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work flow and coordinate activities as needed, as well as communicate effectively with others and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow directions and procedures.
- Ability to work limited overtime and weekend as needed.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause - 12 months ago
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize...