Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
Liberty Mutual Asset Management is seeking a technical accountant to assist in the accounting and reporting related to Alternative Investments (Private Equity, Real Estate, Special Situations), including general ledger entries, maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
Utilizes accounting knowledge to perform analysis, research variances, and resolve issues as they arise in order to present findings/recommendations to Management. Position resides in Investments Department.
- Under minimal guidance, prepares, supports and processes financial data (e.g. general ledger, journal entries) using various accounting systems in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. Presents findings to Lead Accountant.
- Under minimal guidance, supports accounting and financial analysis. Prepares reports efficiently and effectively, utilizing technical accounting knowledge. Identifies and works to help resolve issues as they arise
- Actively participates in department and/or cross-functional projects of low to moderate scope
- Identifies, develops, and maintains efficient, cost effective processes/controls/data management. Begins to understand how departments interact. Helps with ad-hoc projects and facilitate meetings with various functions including accounting, operations, and IT.
- Assists in financial reporting for private equity, real estate, and special situations investments.
- May assist in FAS167 review process for all in scope investment structures in the private equity/real estate and special situations portfolios, including VIE reviews for new investments and reconsideration events.
- Research accounting and financial reporting requirements, recommend accounting treatment for transactions and document accordingly.
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly review activity with internal / external auditors.
- Assist with the management of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance.
- Partner with other departments on special projects and ad hoc initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- CPA candidate preferred.
- Ability to apply analytical business acumen/knowledge to financial reports
- Expert level Excel proficiency.
- Familiarity with G/L systems, CAMRA, PAM, SQL queries is preferred
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K (company match) and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Career advancement through our promote from within philosophy
Liberty Mutual - 9 months ago
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and...