Analyzes profitability of in force business, evaluates impact of key actuarial assumptions, assesses impact of proposed treaty changes, and assists (as necessary) with ALM analyses for the US Mortality Markets (USMM) business unit, communicating findings and recommendations as applicable. Works with members of the USMM team and other departments across RGA to ensure that the risk exposures of the USMM business are properly understood and managed within the risk tolerances set forth by senior management, leading projects as needed.
- Perform or assist with: in force profitability analyses, modeling of current and projected asset and liability exposures, risk analyses, and other activities related to US Mortality business (or other business as assigned).
- Assist in the evaluation of existing and proposed actuarial assumptions, reviewing and/or developing appropriate sensitivity tests, key assumption scenarios, and projected financial results, providing meaningful interpretation of the analyses to department management and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in the periodic review of financial performance, analyzing the overall block of business and specific transactions as necessary to provide a meaningful interpretation of results to department management.
- Evaluate assigned treaty and/or block management actions by performing risk analyses and assessing the impact to overall financial results and projection.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of framework, standards, and processes to enable these activities.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and perform peer reviews as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of others in the team and/or other departments to ensure appropriate analyses, key deliverables, and related, necessary actions are completed in a timely manner, as determined by project and business needs
- Understand and assist with management information, analytics, and reporting.
- Foster positive relationships, collaborate, and communicate professionally with key stakeholders and business partners, including senior executives .
- Participate in special projects, committees, meetings, and presentations with internal or external audiences as needed.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Economics, Finance, Math, Statistics or related field·
- FSA accreditation·
- 6+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance·
- Advanced actuarial technical skills·
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance products and pricing methods·
- Advanced understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods·
- Highly advanced PC skills, including spreadsheet, database, and actuarial projection tools (e.g., AXIS, TAS, MoSes, Prophet)·
- Advanced ability to model various insurance products and complex reinsurance structures·
- Ability to challenge and enhance analytical capabilities·
- Understanding of GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting and other forms of financial measurement such as embedded value·
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received·
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills·
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions·
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work effectively with different teams and disciplines across the organization·
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines·
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team environment, balancing detail and individual tasks with team objectives and projects
- Member, American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)· Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA)·
- Reinsurance industry experience·
- ALM or risk management experience·
- In force life insurance or reinsurance transaction experience·
- Highly advanced ability to compile, analyze, refine and interpret large amounts of data·
- Advanced knowledge of life insurance products and pricing·
- Highly advanced understanding of reinsurance concepts and methods·
- Knowledge of required capital frameworks·
- Understanding of asset modeling techniques (including derivatives) and capital markets approaches·
- Ability to take ownership in projects and drive them to completion, including setting appropriate goals, coordinating resources, properly assessing risks, resolving issues, and communicating to key stakeholders in an appropriate and timely manner, while adapting to changing priorities