SUMMARY OF POSITION
DC Comics seeks an Associate Art Director, Digital for the Art & Design (West Coast) department.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Art Director, Digital and /or the SVP, Digital will contribute to the design and production on a wide variety of projects. This includes digital and print covers, weekly web graphics, ads, licensed comics and Custom projects. Mockups for future digital content, as well as marketing materials.
- Organizes and maintains cover schedule for Design including work orders from Editors. Organizes weekly web graphics due to production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Minimum 4 years of production art experience using Mac based programs, in a publishing driven environment required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in digital production and pre-press preparation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in logo design.
- Must have a solid understanding in the fundamentals of graphic design and layout.
- Working knowledge and experience in streamlining, cleaning high-resolution art, creating page layouts and templates, and setting up multiple layered files required.
- Knowledge of printing processes and experience in setting up print ready files required.
- Must be proficient in the most recent versions of PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark Express.
- Macromedia Director a plus.
- Able to take direction and execute projects/tasks efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player and contribute to meeting the objectives set by the department.
- Ability to meet project deadlines without error.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must have a sense of urgency and commitment to their assignments.
- Knowledge of DC Comic characters.
DC Entertainment - 20 months ago
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and...