The Rocky Mountain Office of Earthjustice is seeking an associate attorney to join its staff immediately. This position is for two to three-years, although it may be extended in the case of exceptionally qualified applicants with demonstrated progress and ability.
Responsibilities : The associate attorney may have primary responsibility for some matters, but will generally work collaboratively with other Earthjustice attorneys.
Qualifications: Applicants must be law school graduates, who are admitted or willing to apply for admission to the Colorado bar.
- Conduct legal research and prepare memoranda on issues relating to ongoing or potential litigation projects.
- Draft motions, briefs and other pleadings.
- Prepare comments on proposed agency actions and environmental impact statements.
- Develop oral advocacy and presentation skills.
- Assist with discovery.
- Interact with clients and work with experts.
- Participate in communications strategies and media outreach around litigation campaigns.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and we offer an exceptional benefits package.
- 1-5 years of experience (including a clerkship) in environmental law or general litigation.
- Excellent research, critical thinking, writing and oral advocacy skills.
- A solid academic record.
- Initiative, good judgment, a strong work ethic.
- Passion for the environmental protection and justice.
- Ability to work both independently and in close collaboration with others.
Associate Program : The associate program is designed to help young attorneys develop into thoughtful, professional, and effective advocates skilled in the various aspects of public interest litigation. Many associates have gone on to other positions within Earthjustice or with other conservation organizations.
Application Procedure : All applicants should send the following by email to email@example.com , or U.S. mail: a cover letter describing your interest and commitment to environmental advocacy, resume, recent writing sample that reflects primarily or entirely your work, and at least three professional references to Office Manager, Earthjustice, 1400 Glenarm Pl., #300, Denver, CO 80202-5050. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Please , no phone calls or drop-ins.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Earthjustice - 17 months ago