Eli Lilly and Company has been dedicated to meeting the health care needs of people in the United States and around the world. We address these needs primarily by developing innovative medicines—investing a higher percentage of our sales in research and development than any other major pharmaceutical company. If you are interested in being considered for employment with a “Best in Class” Pharmaceutical company, please review the following opportunity.
- Work responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, instrument setup and QC, multi-color analysis and cell sorting, data analysis, training scientists in analytical instrument operation, routine instrument maintenance, storage and backup of experimental databases’
- The successful candidate will have the ability and flexibility to support multiple projects and interact with multiple end users
Note: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Eli Lilly and Company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences
- At least 5 years of relevant academic or industrial experience.
- Strong analytical, technical trouble-shooting and communication skills
- Experience in experimental design and familiarity with flow cytometry protocols
- Strong proficiency with FlowJo and FACSDiva software
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting are essential.
The Flow Cytometry Core at the Lilly Biotechnology Center in San Diego is searching for an associate level (Bachelors or Masters) scientist with hands-on experience in analytical flow cytometry, with experience in cell sorting a plus. The lab consists of 2 analyzers (BDLSRII and BDLSRFortessa), 2 sorters (BD Aria II and BD Aria III), and a CyTOF mass cytometer. The focus of the work will be to support the discovery efforts at the Lilly Biotechnology Center by providing analytical and cell sorting needs as well as training and data analysis for specified users. In addition, the successful candidate will also have broad knowledge and experience in flow cytometry theory, applications, and techniques.
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER