Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Brand Manager, Magic to join our team . Only local candidates need apply as there is no relocation assistance for this position.
This position will support overall brand strategy by ensuring that marketing programs are executed on time and within budget and products are completed on schedule and meet performance, quality and cost criteria. This position will be a key contact for internal tactical marketing and product teams and may act as liaison with business partners. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in product marketing, team leadership skills, superior execution of projects from planning through delivery, a passion for marketing, and an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands. Specific experience in the digital game industry and/or a passion for Magic: The Gathering is would set the candidate up for even greater success.
- Responsible for the development and execution of tactical business plans for product and marketing:
- Writes cross-functional business plans including Marketing, Product, Packaging, Advertising, Web, Social Media, Promotions, Organized Play, Events, and Public Relations.
- Owns execution and analysis of marketing programs including promotions and advertising.
- Provide product specifications to production and R&D/Digital Development teams.
- Provides product and marketing information to other departments and external partners.
- Work in conjunction with international business and marketing teams to globally execute brand initiatives.
- Act as liaison with creative departments/agencies responsible for packaging, media, advertising development, promotions, merchandising , etc.
- Make key tactical decisions on quality, cost, and timing for product and marketing materials under parameters set by Brand Manager.
- Analyzes and reports on performance and ROI of marketing and product plans.
- Monitors and reports on consumer reaction and generates consumer insight driven product and marketing proposals.
- Prepare and deliver sales and marketing presentations.
- Work with finance to ensure financial targets are being met:
- Track marketing expenses within budget parameters .
- Track revenues and analyze trends.
- Researches and communicates current market trends and competitive activity to identify new business opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to plan and execute on marketing and/or product plans.
- Ability to work effectively with and lead diverse groups of people.
- Good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of word-of-mouth marketing and social media in addition to classical marketing preferred.
- Knowledge of product development processes preferred.
- Experience working with international partners a plus.
- Knowledge of the game or toy industry desirable.
- Knowledge of video games and/or trading card or other hobby games a plus.
- Product teams (R&D, Creative, Production, Digital, Licensing)
- Marketing teams (Advertising, Market Research, Marketing Creative, Public Relations, Organized Play, Web)
- International teams (Business and Marketing)
- Licensee/ licensor and/or business and promotional partners
Education and Training:
BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or related coursework.
Prior Related Experience:
- 2-3 years of marketing and/or product development experience required.
- 1-2 years of support in the brand marketing field preferred.
- Experience in the video/digital game, hobby game, toy, entertainment, or related field preferred.
May require some travel—5%.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...