Working with internal and external partners, the Associate Brand Manager is responsible for providing support in managing assigned products lines to drive business performance, in a way that delivers on Seventh Generation’s brand strategy and corporate mission.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Participate in the development, management and implementation of marketing strategies and plans for assigned product lines.
- Bring strategy to life by developing assigned initiatives within the full marketing mix - product, price, promotion, place & packaging.
- Assist in the development consumer category insights need to determine market requirements for existing and future products, and to develop effective communication strategies.
- Contribute to product positioning and key consumer messaging.
- Contribute to our innovation and renovation agenda within assigned categories, through collaboration with senior marketing leadership and cross-functional areas.
- Track and manage assigned product development initiatives through cross-functional development funnel.
- Provide weekly/monthly dashboard to monitor performance and surface risks and opportunities.
- Analyze consumer research, current market conditions (IRI, SPINS, Homescan, etc.) and competitor information to drive to effective recommendations and decisions.
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results, and adjust as necessary to achieve desired business results.
- Monitor and report on variances to product line P&Ls and associated budgets consistent with product/category/program objectives.
- Coordinate with any external resources as needed (agencies, freelance, partnerships, etc).
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to develop supporting sales tools.
- Help advance Seventh Generation’s mission by delivering effective products and consumer engagement programs that help people live healthier lives, through improvements in product/packaging sustainability, and also by personally demonstrating our shared values.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of brand management experience in consumer packaged goods setting. Experience within Natural Products industry a strong plus. Commitment to Natural Products industry and socially responsible business a must.
- MBA preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and consider financial scenarios (e.g. product P&Ls, ROI analyses, etc).
- Exposure to a broad range of traditional and non-traditional consumer marketing techniques/vehicles (e.g., advertising, online marketing, community marketing, etc).
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working within data and interpreting results to drive decision-making – IRI or Neilsen, Spins, and customer-specific databases preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Mature individual with capacity for rapid change and degree of ambiguity.
- Desire to work in small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Must exhibit a passion for the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Office environment – no special conditions
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualified applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Seventh Generation - 20 months ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....