At Conill Advertising we are all about creating and protecting big transformational ideas for our clients. We are currently looking for an Associate Business Affairs Manager (ABAM) to join our Production team in California. Reporting to the Sr. Business Affairs Manager (SBAM), the ABAM will play a key role in providing deliverables for the client/s by assisting with talent payments, rights management, and licensing for broadcast, print, digital and social media. The ABAM will also support the SBAM on major campaigns as well as maintain and taking responsibility for some of their own campaigns. The ABAM will also work closely with the account teams and producers to keep communication between them and to ensure processes are followed with regards to licensing, production, etc. This individual must be motivated, detail oriented, a self-starter and flexible to ensure the best support. At Conill we prove nothing is impossible every day and have fun doing it.
Sr. Business Affairs Manager
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Measure of Accountability
The Individual will be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
Primary Points of Contact
- Gives honest and timely feedback in a constructive manner
- Provides support for coaches to learn new skills Negotiates mutually favorable outcomes
- Collaborates with coaches to set goals and work towards them
- Decision Making
- Makes pragmatic decisions based on range of factors
- Able to make decisions quickly where necessary, based on incomplete information
- Demonstrates logic to back up decisions
- Take Charge
- Delegates effectively, leverages juniors and gives clear instruction
- Monitors work results and quality, provides oversight
- Interpretation vision and goals in a relevant manner for subordinates
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations
- Takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems
- Sets own standards above prevailing standards, shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities
The Associate Business Affairs Manager will work closely with the Production team and at times the Account team. The ABAM will also work closely with the SR. Business Affairs Manager, who reports to Director of Production Services.
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must have a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
- Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- Confirm concepts have been submitted for agency legal clearance and handle any legal clearances and licensing matters
- Assist Producers with any legal concerns/searches (i.e. music licenses/contracts, stock image licenses/contracts, releases, etc.)
- Generate production estimates based on Producer’s/Account’s direction
- Prepare & Manage Talent contracts
- Creation of purchase orders for suppliers
- Process & monitor supplier invoices
- Submit all production jobs for insurance coverage
- Assist Producers with monitoring radio, television, print, digital and social media production estimates for overages and make necessary estimate revisions
- Maintain & manage agency internal estimate numbers
- Generate monthly reports for any jobs ready to close - forward reports to appropriate depts. for review & close per their direction, and work with Producers to reconcile and close production jobs
- Network Clearance for TV and legal clearance for Radio
- Work with Producers on all union talent-related issues as per union guidelines:
- estimate talent costs
- provide talent contracts for sessions & process for talent payments
- generate final talent reports
- handle all talent negotiations when needed
- handle all union requirements for use of talent (i.e. cast clearances, notification of non-union talent used, down/up/out-grades talent, lifting talent into new commercials, etc.)
- handle any talent issues with production companies and/or talent agents
- Work with Interactive Producers on union and non-union talent-related issues
- Work with AE's to issue & maintain talent reuse estimates on a quarterly basis
- Oversee that all union talent reuse payments are being paid properly by talent payroll vendor and are within budget
- Remain updated on all SAG/AFTRA & AFM union guidelines, and handle all union inquiries, claims, audits, etc.
- Responsible, self-motivated, highly organized individual who learns quickly and communicates well with others.
- A high degree of professionalism with a strong focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness is a must.
- Flexible and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to follow-up effectively and work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of AFM, and SAG/AFTRA union contracts.
- Two (2) years of experience in Broadcast Business Affairs.
- Current computer/software knowledge and a willingness to learn new technologies, i.e. lotus notes, prism, and Donovan data systems knowledge a plus.
- Able to work extended hours when necessary
- Agency background
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
All employees are expected to support Conill’s commitment to providing a respectful and safe workplace and conduct themselves in a professional and acceptable manner during all work-related events, including but not limited to, holiday parties, off-sites, client meetings/events and shoot locations.
Long hours are often necessary, including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment.
Team One - 2 years ago