QA Emphasis: Under supervision, develop test cases and conduct thorough system tests. Perform manual integrated testing of modules within the system, based upon requirements. Define, implement and verify regression test data and test cases. Review and interpret results from test cases. |
BA Emphasis: Under supervision, assist in identifying client’s business needs for systems development and defines appropriate solutions. Perform requirement analysis, documents requirements and serves as liaison for communication and training.
Develop test cases and conduct thorough system tests. Evaluate defects identified and ensure achievement of client’s requirements prior to the release of the system into production. Major testing initiatives may require coordination of a team of associates conducting the testing.
Review, analyze and verify system enhancements or glitches. Assist in the determination of production problems.
Assist the development team by testing new functionality to ensure the software satisfies the requirements. Review and interpret results from test plans.
Create Service Desk items for enhancements that will benefit the users and/or the business needs.
Contribute to the System Enhancement log with an eye toward process improvement. Identify issues necessitating system enhancements.
Document the client’s business needs in the form of formal requirements and pass the requirements onto the developers/designers to develop appropriate solutions; while ensuring the solution meets the stated requirements.
Document and communicate business requirements. This includes working with a Process Change Analyst/Associate Project Manager to nail down the true requirement from the user and insure that the developer is solving the requirement correctly. It also requires updates to the requirements documents to reflect changes made during testing.
Serve as liaison with training department and review communications and training materials. All:
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Outlook skills
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Intermediate Query skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic goal setting skills
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Value judgment and investigative skills
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects
- Ability to develop test cases, requirements documents, and use cases, with assistance
- Ability to facilitate the requirements process to assure focus on the objective
- Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to persuade others
- Change initiation skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- 3+ years related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, or other IT related role, etc.
- Insurance industry knowledge
- LOMA Certification; ARA Designation