Summary of Job Function
Provides the business direction or testing approach of the assigned work components for a product, platform or project. Negotiates with stakeholders to determine scope and budget of work activities which advance TSYS business objectives and client needs. Manages to completion the overall work activities within the assigned unit of work. Builds and maintains client/vendor relationships. Supports the development of individuals, teams and work initiatives.
Work initiatives are typically average in nature, pose moderate to significant risk and complexity, require periodic direction and considerable analysis/interpretation of data, and encompasses a broad range of contact interaction.
1. Defines the direction and approach for assigned work request, to include working assumptions, acceptance, scope, size and risk. Ensures strategy and direction falls within timeframes and meets the objective for the unit of work.
2. Provides matrix management to multiple work teams and work requests. May supervise up to five team members.
3. Guides work activities for respective areas of responsibility. Tracks tasks and activities to keep on schedule. Plans, conducts and directs research/development work on areas of responsibility.
4. May serve as Subject Matter Expert for components and must be able to guide understanding of requirements and impacts to the customer, system, strategy and TSYS.
5. Tracks the overall number of components to keep on schedule and requests or adjusts resource allocation, as necessary. Plans, conducts and directs research /development on work assignments. Oversees deliverables from relevant processes for content, accuracy, and potential customer and system impacts.
6. Guides or conducts necessary communication with internal and external customers and teams. Negotiates to build consensus or make recommendations between work groups to meet common goals. Assumes the role of escalation for assigned unit of work. Participates or leads internal/external status meetings to provide information for work assignment and direction.
7. Works to eliminate road blocks impacting the timely and accurate delivery of assigned unit of work. Collaborates with team through matrix management to work through issues and road blocks that impact the successful delivery of assigned unit of work.
8. May consult with client/vendor and other appropriate areas to provide support and facilitate up front work activities and concept research. Works to ensure common approach and consistency.
9. Leads team, where appropriate. Provides direction to team members and/or work initiatives. Monitors the success of work initiatives. Provides coaching and feedback, when necessary to team members. Provides input to RIGHT STEPS. Teaches skills to team members to increase effectiveness. Monitors, trains, or provides input to training for the appropriate team member to ensure required skills are achieved/maintained for the effective management of assigned work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Follows the Leadership Expectations
2. Models observable behaviors identified in Talent Management Core Competencies
3. Listens well and utilizes information
4. Ensures meaningful Right Steps meetings and documentation
5. Understands the clients’ business and collaborates with the clients to meet their objectives
6. Plans and manages to annual budget for cost center
7. Understands the factors which enable TSYS to prosper
8. Works well in a fast-paced, high pressured environment with irregular hours
9. Travels, as required
10. Possesses and applies functional business and/or industry knowledge to the development of business opportunities and solution of problems.
11. Analyzes moderately complex information for problem resolution
12. Influences and motivates others, often involving competing priorities and limited resources
13. Provides operational leadership
14. Guides team members performing moderately complex duties
Education and Experience
Four year college degree and 8 or more years professional experience
10 or more years professional experience is required. Previous experience managing teams or projects is required for matrix management. Some appropriate TSYS experience is preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.
Total System Services, Inc.
Catrina J McKinney
TSYS - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) develops and applies wireless data communications technology, with emphasis on text messaging,...