- Masters degree is required
- Computer skills are required
- Customer service skills are required
- Excellent communication skills are required
The Associate Chief Information Officer works with the Vice President and Chief Information Officer to lead the Department of Information Services in ensuring that the technology needs of the organization and its customers are met with the highest rate of return, value and satisfaction. The position performs essential strategic, leadership, professional, operational, planning, analytical, and administrative duties in support of the department and institutional activities and goals.
Independently and in conjunction with the CIO, executes and provides leadership for the comprehensive management, operational, and administrative responsibilities of the Department of Information Services (IS). Manages all IS Department operational activities for those areas assigned by the CIO. Coordinates and works with departments throughout the Division and Institution on strategic, fiscal, personnel, project management, special projects, and committee activities. Provide leadership to ensure governance approved projects and applications are implemented and maintained to support the mission, goals, and operations of the institution. Position requires personal initiative, sound judgment and good problem solving skills.
The position will be responsible to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer and accountable to key faculty and executives impacted by information systems developed to support the overall mission of VCU Health System
· Ten years related business experience preferably in a healthcare or academic setting with progressive management responsibility & Masters required.
· Strong technical skills in the design, service delivery, implementation, operation of services & technology, troubleshooting, and support of multi-vendor, computing environments.
· Proven record of effectively communicating at all organizational levels, understanding the Institution’s business, missions and goals, and translating those goals into information technology initiatives.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Staff development, team building and coaching experience.
* Demonstrated ability to ensure that the mix of technology services ( data center, networks, service desk, applications, etc) is appropriate to help VCUHS fulfill its mission in the future by proactively reviewing and modifying service offerings/processes to meet the ever changing needs of our complex and dynamic IT environment
* Demonstrated expertise in providing leadership to create and promote a clear IT vision coupled with the ability to make decisions at an executive level, sell those ideas, and follow through on decisions in this high visibility position.
* Demonstrated strategic and visionary mindset to see the technology possibilities that others may not
· Must have a high level of judgment, decision-making, discretion and integrity.
· The incumbent must be sensitive to the protocols and culture of an academic medical center.
· Must be adaptable and maintain cooperative, congenial working relationships with those who interact with the office.
· Good analytical and conceptual skills paired with a detail orientation.
· Extensive experience working with senior and middle management in a leadership capacity.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Ability to manage change, personally and organizationally, and to facilitate its acceptance by others.
· On an expert report level requires minimal technical guidance from the Vice President.
Requires original thinking to solve problems and evaluate alternatives by researching and evaluating existing solutions implemented else where along with new opportunities not yet explored.
VCU Health System - 8 months ago