Elance is pioneering a new way to work, helping small businesses level the playing field by providing them with instant access to great talent. We are looking for world-class Category Managers to lead and grow Elance’s categories of service (Technology, Marketing, Writing, Creative, etc.).
The role requires a combination of strategy formulation, marketing, market development and program management skills. You will help define and coordinate the execution of a portfolio of strategies aimed at developing both demand and supply. You will be responsible for identifying emerging opportunities, developing programs that build client demand and inventory of freelance talent, developing ecosystem partnerships, managing and merchandising the catalog of skills available in the category, and measuring the client and freelancer user experience for your category.
The ideal candidate will have the analytical horsepower to identify growth opportunities and define strategies, the marketing savvy and intuition necessary to grow the category, the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to develop and execute the strategies. We are looking for an exceptionally bright and driven individual who obsesses about results.
In this role you will execute on:
To win in this role you need:
- Strategy : help define the development plan for the category, including go-to-market and merchandising
- Supply and demand management : collaborate with category managers to ensure that the supply of freelancers is matched successfully to the demand. Implement marketing plans to grow the inventory of freelancer talent. Create and manage the skills catalog for the category.
- Merchandising & matching : collaborate with the product team to develop the elance.com user experience required to promote the category and convert users
- Partnerships & awareness : manage ecosystem partnerships to generate demand and attract freelancers
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting preferred. Ecommerce or online marketplace experience is a strong plus
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to drive insight and action plans from data
- Strong leadership abilities with proven success leading teams
- Ability to thrive in very fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible team player with a sense of humor
- BS/BA from a top school
Come work where people say “Happy Monday” and actually mean it (seriously, no joke).
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you’re helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we’re not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We’re also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we’re always looking for amazing people ready to help the world Work Differently™.
So check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means “This Gig Is Fantastic.”
Visit us at www.elance.com