Requisition ID: |
Business Sub Function:
Business Unit Management
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
Taking great pride in developing and engaging our employees, Stryker was named to Fortune’s “Top 100 Companies to Work For” for the third straight year and a Gallup Great Workplace in 2013. We are currently seeking an Associate Chemist to join our Orthopedics division in Mahwah, NJ.
The Associate Chemist is responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis using GCFIC, GCMS, HPLC, or other lab equipment to acquire qualitative and quantitative knowledge about organic and inorganic residuals on medical devices and apply the results toward continuous process improvement initiatives.
Specific responsibilities of the Associate Chemist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare lab standards, test solutions, and reagents
- Perform product analysis using analytical chemistry techniques and procedures
- Perform analyses using GC and GC-MS instrumentation
- Perform analysis on samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present
- Perform transfer of analytical testing methods
- Interpret test results and adhere to guidelines on documentation when recording data
- Analyze and report data compared to established specifications
- Develop competencies with a wide range of analytical techniques
- Meet laboratory requirements in terms of quality and productivity
- Write technical papers and reports for processes, products, and tests
- Maintain laboratory equipment and logbooks in compliance with governing regulations
- Comply with all aspects of cGMP, Safety, DEA and Environmental legislation
- Confer with scientists and engineers to conduct analyses of research projects
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and liaise with internal teams, customers, and suppliers
Qualifications and Work Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or a closely related life science is required for this position. Candidates should also possess the following skills/experiences:
- 0-2 years of medical device or pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory testing and research and development, or equivalent academic experience
- Knowledge of a variety of analytical chemistry concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be a positive, energetic team player and an advocate for product excellence and quality
- Must be results oriented, a quick learner and able to respond to the urgent needs of the team, ensuring that all deadlines are met
Percent Travel Required:
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...