Scientific Research & Development
United States - California - Fremont
Posting date: March 9, 2014
Manufactures products and completes associated documentation. Contributes to the transfer of new products into Manufacturing.
- Produces and purifies antibodies using cGMPs.
- Interacts with multiple departments to develop new cell lines.
- Performs associated procedures using mice and in-vitro equipment.
- Performs analytical and functional testing of antibodies.
- Reviews and approves completed batch records.
- Maintains and analyzes lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
- Trains other chemists on equipment and procedures.
- Completes accurate PROCED transactions within timeline guidelines.
- Writes, reviews and modifies SOPs, work instructions and reports.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and validates equipment as appropriate.
- Keeps dept supervisor and/or manager updated on all issues.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- BS/BA in scientific discipline (Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred) with 2-4 years related experience and/or training.
- Hands on experience with HPLC and/or bioprocess equipment desired.
- Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions.
- Familiarity with Quality System Regulations.
- Experienced in working with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
- Carries out established processes under limited supervision.
- Receives detailed instructions on new assignments, depending on experience level.
- Deviations from approved procedures require authorization from supervisor or manager depending on risk.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...