We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Chemist at our Cranbury, NJ facility with our Nair product line.
The candidate for this position will support the formulation development of various depilatory products. The position requires good technical, computer and interpersonal skills. The candidate will support all stages of the product development process including but not limited to product development, performance testing, product evaluation, consumer testing, scale-up and specifications. The candidate must be able to make observations and independently solve straight forward technical problems and draw basic conclusions.
• Performs laboratory experiments and carries out R&D studies under the direction of Sr. Research Chemist/Program Scientist /Program Manager.
• Interprets data and makes recommendations to direct supervisors.
• Assists and contributes to the development of new assay technologies.
• Analyzes data, provides timely reports, and maintains complete and accurate records of experimental studies.
• Prepares research reagents according to SOP's; maintains laboratory equipment in compliance with quality standards.
• Contributes to the development of quality control testing procedures.
• Supports the group in routine brand maintenance activities.
• Follows appropriate Design Control procedures and relevant corporate SOPs
Education and Experience:
Recent grad with limited lab experience
BS must be in a scientific discipline directly related to position.
Technical and Functional Knowledge
• Possesses knowledge of appropriate computer programs for interpretation of data.
• Correlates data and assists in preparation of final reports in conjunction with supervisor.
• Interprets results, generates reports, and makes recommendations to direct supervisor.
• Plans and conducts experiments with minimal supervision.
• Motivated to produce results.
• Follows corporate policy.
• Maintains relationships with R&D colleagues
• Supports internal R&D team.
Innovative Problem Solving and Risk Management
• Demonstrates the ability to perform routine procedures, and to troubleshoot and/or diagnose test discrepancies.
• Adheres to rules in the safety manual and executes tasks safely.
• Understands theory behind laboratory processes and experiments.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Church & Dwight Co.
- 2 years ago - save job
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...