We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Chemist in our Princeton, NJ Corporate Headquarters.
The candidate for this position will support the formulation development of various laundry products. The position requires good technical, computer and interpersonal skills. The candidate will support all stages of the product development process including but not limited to prototype development, performance testing, product evaluation, consumer testing, scale-up and specifications. The candidate must be able to make observations and independently solve straight forward technical problems and draw basic conclusions.
Education and Experience
- Perform hands-on product development activities, including laboratory experiments, sample preparation, product stability and functional testing.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments performed and results obtained, write project reports, specifications and procedures.
- Appropriately prioritize workload based on input from supervisor
- Assist in the development of test methods for product and performance evaluations.
- Prepare products and assemble documentation for consumer and focus groups studies. Conduct in-house panels and subsequently issue reports and utilize the data in the formulation development.
- Provide training to the new and less experience personnel when necessary.
Skills and Competencies
- The successful candidate will have a BS degree in Chemistry from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline directly related to the position.
- Some experience with lab equipment and internships in the related area are desirable.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- Thorough knowledge of chemistry and the understanding of basic lab equipment are required.
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory and follow good laboratory practices.
- Must have ability to work independently on assigned projects with little guidance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills are preferred.
Church & Dwight Co. - 19 months ago
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...