What we offer
This position is responsible for supporting the research and development, testing, and manufacture of adhesive products in one or more technologies. Products must be developed in a timely manner that will permit their evaluation, qualification, and implementation use by Henkel customers.
- Assigned to a number of product development or analytical stage gate projects based on business needs.
- Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications. Sets up and performs basic property testing of new materials and formulations.
- Performs routine organic and polymer synthesis at the lab scale with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to conduct common lab procedures.
- Participates in risk assessment activities for new and existing synthetic procedures
- Promotes and executes innovative ideas in the discovery and development of new technologies, applications, and product usage.
- Able to accurately follow, record, analyze and interpret process procedures and experimental details. Has ability to work independently.
- Plans daily and weekly activities related to assigned projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains accurate laboratory notebook with formulations, process information, and testing results.
- Prepare and deliver project updates and/or reports to supervisor and other team members. Prepares graphs and charts as required.
- Establish specifications, Technical Data Sheet (TDS), and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) information
- Assure all Research & Development laboratory work is carried out in a safe manner including employees wearing personal protective equipment, trained on safety practices, 5S, etc. and that products and processes comply with all deferral and state regulatory agencies.
- Follows all health and safety requirements.
- Able to train co-workers on lab equipment, test methods and procedures.
- Provide technical support services to manufacturing and quality as required
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related science required.
- 2-4 years experience working in a chemical laboratory environment beyond education required.
- Ability to gather, understands, and interprets chemical, physical and mechanical data.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other team members in product development programs.
- Positive history in writing technical papers or reports. Also present results to a technical team.
- Solid interpersonal skills. Candidate to be able to work as a team member and also independently on multi-task assignments.
Henkel - 5 months ago
Henkel Corporation sticks with glue and a slew of other consumer products. The North American unit of German giant Henkel KGaA,...