"INGREDIENTS FOR GROWTH" INTERNAL CAREERS PROGRAM AVAILABLE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Mapleton Plant, Mapleton, IL
To use technical skills and knowledge in Analytical Chemistry to ensure compliance with USP/NF/FCC, customer requirements, and ensure the timely release of polyol products. To use knowledge and experience in technical areas to resolve problems for both internal and external customers. Communicate conclusions and recommendations based on technical information to technical and non-technical people in the organization.
Monday – Friday from 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.; working at least one weekend per month
- Ensure timely and proper release of products based on effective sampling and analytical testing. Prioritize testing based on business needs and departmental goals. Work with operations and quality assurance to understand current demands on laboratory services. Ensure that non-routine testing is performed in an appropriate manner.
- Communicate raw material, in-process, and Finished product data in a timely and effective manner. Assist operators with process changes using analytical data as a tool.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments. Prepare and calibrate reagents; ensure that necessary laboratory supplies and equipment are available.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory data in the LIMS system and SAP. Review data for accuracy and trends and communicate any concerns.
- Identify, investigate and facilitate the resolution of product nonconformance for process and finished product samples.
- Maintain internal Quality reports (including daily QC report, and Monthly Q-Notes Report) and keep Operations and Quality Departments abreast of various trends and metrics such as Non-Conformance reports, COA conformity, First Pass compliance, Out of Specification (OOS).
- Participate on various teams including, but not limited to, process improvement, ISO, Food Safety, HACCP, and GMP audits.
- Control laboratory environment to ensure that Ingredion’s Safety Guidelines and Good Laboratory Practices are followed.
- Perform Coaching and training as needed to Operations Team on sampling, testing, and non-compliances.
- Review, update, and create SOPs, Laboratory methods, QA forms, and other pertinent documents as necessary.
- Participate in the Laboratory proficiency, Gauge R&R, AOAC microbiological sample program and North American Check Sample Program as administered by QA/QC to maintain laboratory reliability.
- Active participation in the development and validation of laboratory procedures.
- Lead the raw material and Finished product retain program ensuring that retain inventory is appropriately managed.
- Become actively involved in Regional project testing needs as assigned and as determined by the Polyols business.
- Identify ways of improving laboratory practices through benchmarking, attending various vendor and quality seminars and trainings as necessary.
- Participate in Customer and Third Party Audits as needed.
A gility and Innovation
- Implement any corrective actions agreed upon by laboratory management as a result of laboratory investigations or proficiency testing and monitor their effectiveness.
- Revise and update laboratory SOP’s to meet evolving customer and business needs and developing methodology.
- Stay current with scientific developments in areas of expertise and responsibility.
- Offer new ideas and think out of the box to support the continuous improvement of Quality Department and Plant.
- Work with Operations to identify, investigate, and resolve process discrepancies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organization levels and across different organizational functions.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience with analytical chemistry, chromatography and microbiological testing.
- Possess knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Strong oral, written, and computational skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, team environment.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredion’s GMPs, Quality and Safety standards.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize based on company needs.
- Ability to rapidly learn new skills, and expand expertise into other areas of science.
- Must demonstrate the following characteristics: high energy, innovative, organized, handles multiple tasks, and positive attitude.
- Must be available for weekend and after hour coverage.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills to work effectively and efficiently with Operations and other departments.
Ingredion Incorporated is proud to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) with a generous company match, a pension plan and long term career growth potential.
Ingredion - 13 months ago
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...