The Associate Civic Fellows Program is a prestigious one-year opportunity for college graduates to develop leadership skills and have a lasting, positive impact on Chicago. Within the context of a structured learning environment, Associate Civic Fellows gain first-hand leadership and networking experience. One half of the fellow’ time will be devoted to special projects assisting Civic Consulting’s executive leadership team and one half will be devoted to administrative support. Special Projects will consist of assignments, such as:
- Research in support of Civic Consulting’s key focus areas
- Organizing strategic planning sessions
- Leading communications efforts including website
- Recruiting to bring the best talent to support effective urban change
- Coordinating partnerships with Chicago’s business leaders and civic leaders
- Researching foundations and drafting proposals to secure grants.
Administrative projects may include:
- Arranging and managing events (e.g., audio-visual, location, participants, refreshments)
- PowerPoint presentation development
- Document production, copying, faxing, printing
- Database contact and project records
- Correspondence, messenger, errands
- Project start and close-out.
Associate Civic Fellows commit a minimum of one year. Compensation is $28,000 annually. Excellent vacation and benefits.
- Have excellent presentation skills – Fellows will make regular presentations on work status to the entire Civic Consulting staff, and periodic presentations to clients
- Be able to think on their feet
- Fit in with the team; determine missing elements in team and fill them without getting discouraged
- Be outgoing, eager to help in small office
- Be able to multi-task, and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrate significant analytic skills
- Be able to work comfortably with a wide variety of people at different levels within an organization
- Be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Have a strong desire to help make Chicago a great, global city.
Civic Consulting Alliance - 2 years ago