Under immediate supervision, processes claims, performs robust treaty liability reviews, reviews for accuracy, calculates interest as needed, and processes payment for approved claims.
- Reviews, verifies, and confirms claims
- Verifies that the cession claimed on was properly ceded to RGA Re and was properly established on RGA Re administration system. Takes all initial steps to resolve questions that arise from the above action. Makes corrections within accepted parameters and escalates unresolved discrepancies to supervisor.
- Calculates interest and/or expense to ensure accuracy.
- Contacts other RGA Re associates or clients to help resolve/correct data discrepancies.
- Processes payment for approved claims via ACH, wire transfers or check.
- May assist in training of new or junior associates.
- Recognizes early death claims to be escalated.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience in insurance, reinsurance, or Financial Services
- 0-2 years claims experience
- Basic Microsoft Word experience
- Basic Microsoft Excel experience
- Basic Microsoft Outlook experience
- Basic Math skills
- Basic written and oral communication skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize assigned work
- Prior life claims experience
- Progress toward FLMI, ALHC or other relevant professional accreditation
- Intermediate Excel skills
Reinsurance Group of America - 14 months ago