Medical Group Business Services
The Medical Group Business Services Department (MGBS) is responsible for the billing and collection of our providers' fees and for dealing with various billing issues.
Medical Group Business Services (MGBS) is the primary Professional Fee Billing Agent for the School of Medicine. The Client Service and Analysis team at MGBS is responsible for analyzing and reporting on key metrics in order to maximize the collection of Clinical revenues. The Client Service Managers enhance the knowledge and understanding of appropriate processes and workflows in order to maximize our Physician’s efforts while achieving excellent patient satisfaction.
The Associate Client Service Manager (ACSM) is a junior manager within the Client Service and Analysis unit. He/she does not have the full responsibilities of a Client Service Manager (CSM) but will have exposure to all facets of the Client Service Managers’ interactions with clients, the production and analysis of revenue-related data, and be part of a highly effective team. This position will be the primary liaison between one to three small client accounts, which are departments that have less annual professional fee revenues than the larger clients, and Medical Group Business Services (MGBS). He/she will provide analytical support, problem solving and communication on all matters pertaining to physician billing needs.
He/she will interface directly with Physician Leadership teams to pro-actively research, identify, communicate and aid in the resolution of operational and payer-related trends impacting the client-specific and overall Professional Revenue cycle. The Associate Client Service Manager will also be tasked with projects that require technical know-how, such as database or data warehouse expertise, in order to address internal and external needs for clients and the revenue management team. The candidate will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a related field and three years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• One or more years of experience in data analysis
• Experience with Excel and utilizing a database and/or data warehouse
• Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written form to a variety of audiences
• Ability to interact positively, constructively, and effectively with employees, professional staff, and physicians
• Ability to work independently
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, climbing stairs, reaching above / below shoulder height, lifting/pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds, lifting up to 20 lbs. overhead/above/below waist, carrying up to 30 pounds, fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use; exposure to loud noise, dust, fumes or gases, chemicals or toxic substances; ability to differentiate color and verbal communication.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Track record that demonstrates potential to grow into CSM position or other leadership position at UCSF
• Master’s degree in business or health-care related field
• Knowledge of various healthcare funding sources (i.e. Medicare, PPO, HMO, etc.)
• Revenue Cycle, physician billing, and/or practice management experience
University of California San Francisco - 14 months ago