Under the direction of the Clinic Director, assists in the day-to-day administration and coordination of the clinic and/or specified department(s) within the clinic. This includes acting as covering Director on site and off, in his/her absence, including rotated Saturday clinics when needed. Assists in ensuring that clinic is opened and closed on time daily. Ensures that all regulatory standard are met or exceeded and adhered to on an ongoing basis (Joint Commission, CLIA, DHS- licensing & certification, OSHA, etc.).
- Assists Clinic Director with screening potential candidates for positions within the clinic and provides input into employee’s evaluations upon request. Assists in providing effective coaching, counseling and guidance to employees where applicable, promoting development and professional growth for employees and administers corrective action promptly when needed.
- Conducts work in an appropriate, timely, collaborative, accurate and thoughtful manner, bringing questions coupled with recommendations to Clinic Director. Must be action-oriented with negotiating skills adequate to responsibility held. Responsible for the timely facilitation and management of identified projects, delivering consistent, high quality work.
- Maintains and role models a clear focus on customer service including handling patient complaints from the call center or from patients/ families in the clinics as directed by Clinic Director. Work to resolve complaints using AIDET and the FHCSD Standards of Conduct. Under the specific direction of the Clinic Director, provide supervision and coaching to site staff on the use of customer service in coordination with agency standards and policies. Strive when possible to identify root causes of complaints for trending and systematic improvement.
- Maximizes staff engagement and professional contributions through an effective, supportive management style. Effectively coaches and supports staff in their adherence to process standards including improvement measures, AIDET and Standards of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Clinic Director.
- Provides positive and effective representation of agency, both internally and externally including representation of the Director at community meetings and functions as requested. Promotes a patient friendly, clean and organized facility.
- Responsible for required clerical duties that are critical to running the clinic to include management of hourly employee time sheets, daily collection and reporting of daily productivity, coordination of cash bags and associated cash drawer reports, preparation of standard work documents, policies, preparation and dissemination of clinic meeting minutes and other duties assigned by Clinic Director. Under the direction of the Clinic Director, responsible for opening and monitoring provider schedules.
- Responsible for understanding processes that make up the clinic’s patient flow to include identification of bottlenecks, delays, processes to better support providers’ ability to spend their time efficiently and effectively in patient encounters, and related flows of supplies and information to support patient care. Under the specific direction of the Clinic Director, collaborate with other staff in the flow to include PSRs, nursing, referrals specialists, lab staff, medical records staff and others. Participate with Directors and other staff throughout the agency in improvement work to include standardization, 5S and other targeted improvement projects. Collect and prepare data to support improvement work including use of excel spread sheets, manual data collection sheets, and interfacing with IT staff for other required reports.
- Under the coaching of the Director, become quickly well versed in payer requirements, utilization review, and billing systems as well as the functions, services and positions of departments and programs within the clinic.
- BA/BS in a related field or RN required
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience in the health care field or, a Masters Degree and 1 year experience as a manager in the health care field.
- Valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation and appropriate vehicle insurance required, some travel necessary
- Cultural and linguistic sensitivity to populations served. Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of working with physicians and other providers preferred.
- Demonstration of continued education/professional development.
- Desire to go above and beyond what is basically required for the position.
- Direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and budget management.
- Possesses analytical skills, advanced computer skills, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Three years experience demonstrating progressively responsible positions in health care services required with preference for ambulatory medical clinics.
- Works well independently and within the group process.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 10 months ago