Title: Associate Commerce Support Engineer
Department: Customer Support
Location: Pittsburgh , PA
Reports To: Commerce Support Manager
Job Description Overview
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 90 percent of the Fortune 100, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
The Associate Commerce Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively providing dependable and timely resolutions to advanced feature/function inquiries and any application related issues. The foundation of this role is built on the development of strong knowledge and expertise in Ariba’s solutions and a good understanding of key business processes.
This individual will provide mostly functional, product-related support and some technical and strategic support to the customer in order to facilitate their use of Ariba products. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, and demonstrate a passion for continuous learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests and inquiries from customers using Ariba products while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to assist customers
- Provide alternate solutions and workarounds for our customers
- Research and document cases according to procedure
- Conduct conference calls and WebEx meetings with customers
- Contribute to Ariba’s knowledge base by writing common issues and solutions
- Be available for weekend or evening 24/7 support as required
- Assist with release readiness for the department and customers
- Work closely with Solutions Management to provide feedback to enhance Ariba’s products and services
- Champion customer driven feedback to functional areas in order to influence process/product improvements
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 Years customer-facing experience
- 2 Years working with Ariba Solutions
- Experience working with Spend Management Solutions in a support role
- Experience with creative problem solving for new and undocumented issues
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks or projects with changing priorities
- Superior customer service skills with experience in handling difficult customer situations
- Superior working knowledge of computer and software applications
- Deep functional knowledge of one or more Ariba solution and an understanding of how they interact and fit together
- Understanding of sourcing or procurement business processes
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of a 2 year degree required
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Ariba Inc. - 2 years ago