Deep Focus is looking for a smart, energetic and tech-comfortable candidate who is familiar with and actively uses Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare and other Web 2.0 platforms to join our team as Associate Communications/Social Media PR Manager. This role will be responsible for junior level communications support across several accounts and work with the senior communications management in managing day-to-date client communications workflow.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of Communications campaigns, including:
- Research, develop and maintain media lists/databases
- Identify and compile editorial calendars
- Monitor for brand coverage across social channels, capture and sort screenshots
- Maintain media trackers and draft coverage reports
- Draft media alerts, message points, and pitches as directed
- Editorial outreach to small blogs, websites and niche communities
- Assist in online/offline event logistics
- Social network monitoring and maintenance
Skills & Experience:
- Track community growth, performance, and participation.
- Solicit, track, and report community feedback and discussions to management and internal teams.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks
- Manage online discussions by listening to users, reading between the lines, and responding in a timely manner to users’ needs and requests.
- Prepare reports to update internal staff on usage statistics.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine new community features.
- 1-2+ years of experience and proven success developing, coordinating and managing social media across multiple channels either in-house or as part of an agency
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social networking speak” and online jargon.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university with a preferred major in liberal arts, journalism or new media.
- Interest in technology, music, popular culture and entertainment industries a must.
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to expand skills and be the best.
- Previous public relations agency experience is a bonus
Deep Focus - 5 months ago