Do ads with cliché terms such as “fast-paced” and “challenging” disappear into the sea of sameness during your career search? Do you wish an employer would simply call it like it is and describe the job as “organized chaos”?
If so, you’ve found us.
If you are not scoffing at this moment and we have actually piqued your interest, we may have a position for you. Who are we? We have been in the property management business since 1980, and we never stop trying to innovate. While our Headquarters is in Aliso Viejo, we have offices located throughout California and continue to grow at a fast pace. Within our offices, your co-workers are some of the finest, warmest, nicest people, which is just icing on the cake of your developing career. The Associate Community Manager position is not for everyone, but for some it is the beginning of an ideal career.
The Associate Community Manager (ACM), a Non-Exempt position, supports the day-to-day operation of several homeowners associations, whether the association consists of condominiums, single-family homes, or even a high-rise building. The ACM will work closely with the Community Manager to ensure the association is running efficiently. If you enjoy keeping your mind sharp by learning about a variety of subjects (law, real estate, construction, landscape, budgeting, events, managing relationships), and have the capacity to work with all types of people (content, confused, and/or cranky) and can always maintain a high level of professionalism, contact us.
Supports a team of community management staff through timely completion of assigned administrative and project duties.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Take client calls and manage work order process, vendors, and client issues.
• Produce requested reports for board packets in a clean, orderly, and professional fashion.
• Provide “Buddy System” backup for assigned Buddy during absences.
• Consistent use and maintenance of Merit Connect.
• Coordinate with assigned CM’s to prepare monthly Outlook calendars for deadlines, reports, processes, and standing meetings.
• Review, input, separate and handle all mail for assigned CMs.
• Review and distribute assigned CM’s In and Out Box/File daily.
• Transcribe and type documents and letters as required.
• Fax and/or scan and email documents as requested by CMs.
• Update and generate all required association and management reports.
• Coordinate with Team Admin processing of all required minutes and newsletters.
• Coordinate all meeting logistics as required.
• Submit all charge-backs for association(s) monthly.
• Obtain bids for services and special projects and create RFP and comparison spreadsheets as requested by CM.
• Manage parking stickers, hang tags, pool keys, clubhouse reservations, web site, and safelisting for assigned properties.
• Act as backup when CM is on vacation, sick days, or out of office.
• Coordinate with copy shop and Team Admin any mass mailings.
• Maintain community profile, portfolio, policy notebooks, association manuals and any annexation documents.
• Coordinate election processing tracking, and envelope stuffing.
• Conduct occasional walkthroughs as agreed with Business Unit Leader not to exceed 6 hours/month.
• Organize and maintain all homeowner and administrative files & perform annual association file cleanout in accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic system.
• Assist CM in all administrative duties.
• Maintain an organized workspace according to company procedures.
• Change voice mail and apply out-of-office email greeting when out of the office.
• Greet walk-ins when CM is out of office.
• Complete company training as assigned, attend all mandatory company functions and adhere to Merit Standards of Operation.
• Manage client meetings, site visits, meeting follow-up and overall processes for addendum accounts as assigned.
• Make payroll entries each day in accordance with employee handbook.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations.
• Other duties as may from time to time be required.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines.
• Exhibit professionalism, professional attire and demeanor at all times.
• Maintain reliable transportation to assigned clients.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills.
• Demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
• Must be proficient with computer programs needed for specific position including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to independently prioritize daily workload.
• Must have minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
• Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a minimum of a GED or a High school diploma.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 11 months ago