Do ads with cliché terms such as “fast-paced” and “challenging” disappear into the sea of sameness during your career search? Do you wish an employer would simply call it like it is and describe the job as “organized chaos”?
If so, you’ve found us.
If you are not scoffing at this moment and we have actually piqued your interest, we may have a position for you. Who are we? We have been in the property management business since 1980, and we never stop trying to innovate. While our Headquarters is in Aliso Viejo, we have offices located throughout California and continue to grow at a fast pace. Within our offices, your co-workers are some of the finest, warmest, nicest people, which is just icing on the cake of your developing career. The Associate Community Manager position is not for everyone, but for some it is the beginning of an ideal career.
The Associate Community Manager (ACM), a Non-Exempt position, supports the day-to-day operation of several homeowners associations, whether the association consists of condominiums, single-family homes, or even a high-rise building. The ACM will work closely with the Community Manager to ensure the association is running efficiently. If you enjoy keeping your mind sharp by learning about a variety of subjects (law, real estate, construction, landscape, budgeting, events, managing relationships), and have the capacity to work with all types of people (content, confused, and/or cranky) and can always maintain a high level of professionalism, contact us.
Supports a team of community management staff through timely completion of assigned administrative and project duties.
DELIVERABLES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Take client calls and manage work order process, vendors, and client issues.
• Produce requested reports for board packets in a clean, orderly, timely, and professional fashion. Number pages, label, and submit to copy shop.
• Provide “Buddy System” backup for assigned Buddy during absences.
• Consistent use and maintenance of MeritConnect, AMP, Punchlist Database and other company administrative tools as necessary.
• Oversight and management of Architectural Submittal and violation processing for assigned portfolio.
• Attend client meetings as required.
• Coordinate with assigned CM’s and prepare monthly Outlook calendars for deadlines, reports, processes, and standing meetings.
• Review, input, separate and handle all mail for assigned associations.
• Review and distribute assigned CM’s In and Out Box/File daily.
• Type required correspondence.
• Transcribe and type documents and letters as required.
• Generate all required association and management reports.
• Manage required faxing and receive all distributed faxes for assigned CM’s, print and distribute.
• Red stamp, code, review and pay bills. Separate invoices requiring CM signature. Forward to CM for review.
• Coordinate with CORe Assistant processing of all required board minutes and newsletters.
• Coordinate all meeting dates, times, events.
• Submit all charge-backs for association(s) monthly.
• Obtain bids for services and special projects and create RFP and comparison spreadsheets as requested by CM.
• Manage parking stickers, hang tags, pool keys, clubhouse reservations, and safelisting for assigned portfolio.
• Act as backup when CM is on vacation, sick days, or out of office, and review CM email for items Associate can resolve.
• Coordinate with copy shop and CORe Assistant any mass mailings.
• Maintain community profile, portfolio, policy notebooks, association manuals and any annexation documents.
• Manage election processing, tracking, and envelope stuffing.
• Conduct occasional walkthroughs as required.
• Organize and maintain all homeowner and administrative files & perform annual association file cleanout in accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic system.
• Assist CM in all administrative duties.
• Maintain an organized workspace according to company procedures.
• Change voice mail and apply out-of-office email greeting when out of the office.
• Greet walk-ins when CM is out of office.
• Complete company training as assigned, attend all mandatory company functions and adhere to Merit Standards of Operation.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other work locations.
• Other duties as may from time to time be required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines.
• Exhibit professionalism, professional attire and demeanor at all times.
• Conduct all communications (oral, written or otherwise) with co-workers, clients, vendors and any parties involved in the performance of duties in a courteous, professional manner.
• Maintain reliable transportation to assigned clients.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills.
• Demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
• Must be proficient with computer programs needed for specific position including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
• Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to independently prioritize daily workload.
• Must have minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
• Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a minimum of a GED or a high school diploma.
Full time position. Typical schedule, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. May be required to work overtime as needed, and only when approved by supervisor.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 2 years ago