Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. Hay Group has an opportunity for an Associate Consultant focused in Rewards and Executive Compensation in our New York Metro office, located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential. We have over 2,600 employees in 85 offices in 48 countries. We strive to hire top talent in our markets.
Hay Group Consultants are solid relationship managers with a proven track record and passion for business development. Associate Consultants must have an appreciation for Total Reward systems and have a desire to work in a collaborative environment with other HR disciplines. A working knowledge of the management consulting industry, a solid understanding of Rewards and/or Exec Comp and the ability to work at a conceptual level. A demonstrated ability to work in the abstract and "connect the dots" is key to success in this
Role and Responsibilities:
- provide project management, consulting and analytical support on a wide variety of healthcare consulting assignments.
- assist with the growth of the reward practice bycontributing to thought leadership, business development and overall marketing strategy ideas.
- participate in regional reward and cross-functional teams and promote teamwork across Hay Group’s practices, offices and regions.
- work with high levels of senior management across multiple industries.
- Personal annual incentive goals at this level are based almost exclusively on billing targets.
- working independently to provide project management in one or more of the following areas:
- Market pricing activities and preparing compensation conclusions and recommendations on a wide variety of reward consulting projects.
- Typical reward assignments involve the following: base salary and variable pay programs, job measurement, sales force effectiveness and incentive plan design, performance management and communications and implementation.
- Preparing drafts reports and final reports for clients, including exhibits, summaries, and recommendations.
- Assisting in the design of incentive compensation plans, annual and long term.
- Interacting with clients; leading preparation of client deliverables and presenting at client meetings.
- Participate as a cooperative, proactive team member involving other associates throughout the office, practice, and region.
- Help improve work processes that improve quality and efficiency.
- Manage projects with little guidance or supervision.
- Provide sales and marketing support for business development activities.
- Successful candidate will have two (2+) years experience in the compensation consulting field or in a corporate environment as a compensation professional performing in an advisory capacity to line functions.
- BA/BS degree required. Additional formal education (MBA, Ph.D.) is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of compensation experience, preferably in consulting.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and presentation.
- Creative and proactive problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the following PC-based software applications for analysis and reporting: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Involvement in local professional organizations is encouraged.
- CCP is preferred.
Hay Group - 18 months ago