Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government. Our Kansas City headquarters is currently looking for an experienced Contracts Administrator to provide support for various contracting activities for all Technical Operations. The Contracts Administrator also assists in protecting MRIGlobal’s legal and contractual rights and interests in business and contractual arrangements and relationships.
This position reports to the Director, Contracts and Pricing (C&P). Interactions are primarily with senior-level contract administrators, Technical Division staff, and the direct supervisor; may interact with external clients. Applies knowledge of MRIGlobal business policies and practices, federal procurement regulations and contracting procedures, and commercial contract business practices to support the business administration requirements of research projects and contracts. May have primary responsibility for administration of basic contracts and subcontracts and/or proposal development for a Technical Department or Section. This position does not have signature authority to execute contractual agreements having defined dollar values. Authority may be delegated by the Director, C&P, to sign non-monetary contractual agreements. Local and/or CONUS travel may be required to attend client meetings or to support contract administration/proposal activities in other MRIGlobal or customer offices.
- Coordinates with internal technical and administrative staff regarding proposal preparation, contract administration tasks, and contract negotiations. May lead contract negotiations for assigned contractual activities within a Technical Department or Section.
- Maintains a high level of communication and responsiveness with senior-level contract administrators, administrative staff, internal and external clients, and the direct supervisor.
- Performs assigned contract administration activities including, but not limited to, proposal preparation, subcontract monitoring, preparing contractual modifications, and documentation of contract/subcontract actions.
- Ensures that internal work products are submitted on time. Produces written correspondence and reports, and numerical presentations of data. Performs assigned contract administration tasks in accordance with MRIGlobal policies and procedures and federal acquisition regulations.
- Performs and/or assists in drafting and reviewing various contract-related documents including, but not limited to, teaming agreements, contract terms and conditions for letter-type proposals, subcontracts, contract modifications, solicitations to prospective subcontractors, and contract briefs.
- Performs and/or assists in preparing content and supporting documentation for business/cost proposals, including basic price analyses for proposed subcontracts. Interacts with subcontractor organizations to request proposal information and review/evaluate information received.
- Maintains contract/subcontract files and databases of contract/subcontract compliance data. Supports collection of contract/subcontract documents and data requested by auditors.
- Reviews contractual agreements, proposals, and solicitations and recognizes risks with business terms and conditions. Proposes solutions to ensure compliance with MRIGlobal policies, procedures, and sound business practices.
- Recognizes recurring contractual situations or issues and conveys solutions from one contractual activity to another.
- Demonstrates understanding of types of contracts and associated business risks; MRIGlobal business policies and procedures; and frequently-encountered federal contracting regulations (FAR, DFARS), concepts, and applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal and commercial contracting and contract administration applicable to MRIGlobal operations.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both oral and written), works collaboratively in a team environment, and works effectively across organizational lines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in the preparation and/or review of all assigned work products.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word/Excel) and has the ability to learn new business system applications.
- Demonstrates effective time management and organizational skills to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requirements.
- Ability to travel locally and/or CONUS to other MRIGlobal offices.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Public Administration and a minimum of five years of directly related experience in a contracting and business environment, or equivalent combination of education and business experience. An MBA or certification as a Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) will be considered equivalent to two years of relevant experience.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 20 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...