The position is part of the professional team that manages the financial operations of the company. The person in this role will be a highly trained accountant who enjoys delving into details of financial data, systems and processes, who demonstrates the ability to lead projects and people, and who communicates well both orally and in writing with staff throughout the organization.
The incumbent will:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Oversee several functional responsibilities of the Accounting Department (e.g., billings, collections, financial reporting, tax, payroll, audit, etc.)
- Lead and mentor the Accounting team. Supervise and coach staff.
- Assure accurate and timely financial reporting, budgeting and audit assistance
- Manage the company’s project management and accounting database (Deltek Vision), lead report-writing efforts to share information with the user communities, and serve as project manager for system upgrades or implementations
- Design and develop special financial analyses of company operations, opportunities, and the effects of changes in accounting standards or tax regulations
- Effectively communicate financial concepts and results throughout the organization
- Aspire to an increasingly larger role within the finance function
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a public accounting firm or within the professional services field
- Demonstrated expertise in database (ERP) management, development and report-writing
- Technical proficiency with accounting standards, regulations and financial reporting concepts
- Fully functional in Microsoft Office, with particular proficiency in Excel
- Ability to assess and analyze controls, processes and operations in order to suggest and implement improvements
- Team player, coach and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WJE is a firm of structural engineers, architects, and materials scientists specializing in the investigation, testing, and design of...