Save lives. Fulfill yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Our employees have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
The Orange County Region of the American Cancer Society has an immediate opening for an Associate Coordinator (Administrative Assistant) in Santa Ana, CA. Responsibilities are as follows:
support for galas, golf, and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer events – track gala auction items,
- Administrative support to various departments in the Orange County Region; emphasis on event
process income, etc.
- Member of Administrative Project Team; assist with various department or region-based
- Maintain various Society databases
- Perform general administrative duties
- Other projects and tasks as needed
internet research capability
- AA Degree or high school diploma with 2-3 years of progressive administrative experience
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including database management; MS Excel and Word, Lotus Notes, and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously; effectively handle competing
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to build productive relationships with internal and external
ACS offers a competitive total rewards package including company sponsored retirement plans. Our employees enjoy professional growth opportunities, flexible work schedules, and a culture that supports work/life balance.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Works well in team environment
- Occasional evening or weekend work for event support, including some local travel
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
American Cancer Society - 17 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...