Competencies: (skills, technical requirements, etc)
** At in-person interview, managers will ask interviewers to take 1 hour assessment – it’s not something candidates would be able to prepare for. We give them a picture of 4 products with some basic info and ask them to write a short product description for each one. It’s a good way for us to assess a person’s writing ability, since their published work could be heavily edited and we wouldn’t know. **
- College degree or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of professional writing and editing experience.
- Strong command of grammar, word usage, syntax, etc.
- Basic understanding of Word and Excel.
- Expertise in search engines and other online research tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-intensive environment.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Stong organizational and communication skills.
Under general supervision, the qualified individual will be responsible for researching products and effectively representing them through written content assets in the Catalog Management database or other designated system. Associate Copywriters will develop product, technology, and market expertise and will work closely with other members of the team. Individual should possess the ability to write clear, concise copy that offers the consumer the best information available to make educated buying decisions.
- Research and provide the appropriate content assets required for products as assigned.
- Take ownership of the products, with responsibility for completion, content, quality, and adherence to style and legal guidelines.
- Develop an expertise in the merchandise, as well as a working knowledge of related manufacturing processes, proprietary technologies, and product specifications.
- Compile, maintain, and utilize materials that help facilitate everyday operations.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Produce (or exceed) the number of daily pieces of copy as set by the Managing Editor.
- Consistently meet or exceed all deadlines.
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and positive attitude.
Monster - 2 years ago