Associate Creative Director - Creative Services
Job Number: 13000000MD
As part of the larger User Experience team for Best Buy dotcom the design team is responsible for translating user needs and business needs into meaningful communication experiences. The spectrum of work that the design team is responsible for spans future state system work, incremental enhancements, and communication campaigns around events and promotions. Our design efforts are supported through a collaborative team of information architects, UX strategists, copywriters, and content strategists.
Your responsibilities as an Associate Creative Director - Creative Services will focus on the communication and campaign needs around events and promotions. The event and promotions work stream falls within the Creative Services team, which is comprised of designers, writers, and project managers. The ability to delegate, review, present, and administrate project work streams is critical to the Associate Creative Director role. You will be responsible for leading and directing the creative team (designers and writers) through the creative process to meet the evolving needs of our business partners, technology capabilities, and customer expectations. You will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and assigning resources appropriate to meet the needs of our event and promotional communication projects. The project teams may be comprised of internal staff members, external agency or consultative resources, or both based on the needs of the project. As a creative team lead the ACD is responsible for reviewing work to ensure that it is on-brand, solves for the marketing strategy needs at-hand, and meets the internally defined standards of creative excellence. The ACD is also responsible for evolving the quality of the work product produced while expanding the capabilities of the design team. You will also be responsible to develop a design point of view of the event and promotional communication templates through competitive research, understanding web design and development best practices, and the evolution of business requests to inform site and template updates.
For consideration samples and/or a link to a portfolio must be submitted with your resume.
- Consult, collaborate, and iterate with designers, writers, and project managers to effectively create event and promotional communication campaigns.
- Collaborate with business teams and the User Experience team to understand requirements.
- Collaborate and iterate with technology partners to solve communication needs with existing technology and to when required envision future state technology needs.
- Effectively present creative and user experience solutions to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that creative output meets business objectives, end-user expectations, and brand standards.
- Work closely with User Experience team to facilitate understanding of consumer needs prior to developing new communication templates or new interaction and information flows.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, MultiMedia, Information Architecture, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Human Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, related field or equivalent experience. or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years experience in strategic and conceptual creative development across multiple technology solutions. Proven creative ability required.
- Proven ability to formally present and articulate ideas effectively
- Self-starter who remains current with web trends, usability and standards along with the tools and techniques for online experience development
- 1 or more years project and creative team management experience across multiple media.
- 1 or more years experience building collaborative creative teams of designers
- 1 or more years experience incorporating UX strategies, interactive design specifications, design models/prototypes and QA processes/use cases into the plan
- UX Product team model experience within retail or other like-minded industry
- Experience in eCommerce development and optimization related specifically to cart and checkout
Primary Location: United States-MN-Richfield
Organization: Best Buy US Corporate
Job Posting: May 30, 2013
Best Buy - 14 months ago
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...