0 - 2 years in Agribusiness credit underwriting and analysis
Some familiarity loan servicing, administration, and structuring.
Experience in banking or the farm credit system
Additional experience considered a plus includes:
This opportunity will be focused heavily in the first two years on an internally developed training program to prepare the candidate for promotional opportunities within the credit department of agribusiness. That program will focus on the following areas:
- Ag experience, such as protein (beef, swine, dairy, poultry), ag processors/co-ops, grain storage/marketing, and farm input supply,
- Experience with agricultural companies in Texas/Southwest U.S.
- Develop a high level of efficiency in the use of Moody’s Risk Analyst (MRA), and other like financial statement modeling.
- Gain an extensive understanding of key concepts of ratio analysis, and the relationship of those ratios on the various financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, etc.).
- Understand the mechanics behind negotiating terms and conditions to properly set covenants, develop credit presentations and close loans by working with other associates.
- Determine appropriate risk ratings for borrowers using various modeling techniques, including probability of default and loss given default.
- Perform loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, loan covenant amendments and/or waivers, re-amortizations, etc.
- Work closely with loan administration staff in understanding roles and responsibilities for tracking and monitoring borrower relationships.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to negotiate terms and conditions to accurately underwrite (structure) loans.
- Make effective business presentations, both written and oral, to small and large audiences.
- Proper application of Association policies and department underwriting guidelines.
- Effectively work with auditors, both internal and external (e.g. FCA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Econ, Finance, Accounting or Business
- Master’s Degree is a plus
Apply Online by following this link and completing an online application and uploading a current resume:
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment is required
- At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant; AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description on request
Farm Credit Bank of Texas - 30+ days ago