The associate dean is a member of the nursing faculty, and assists the dean in all administrative duties for the Excelsior School of Nursing. |
Provide Academic Leadership for the Degree Programs in Conjunction with the Faculty and Dean
Provide Administrative/Managerial Direction for the Degree Programs With Staff and Students.
- Lead the faculty and staff in carrying out the mission and goals of the school of nursing.
- Work collaboratively with unit managers, other deans, and staff throughout the College, as well as community members and leaders.
- Participate in development of academic policies and represent degree programs on academic committees.
- Interpret trends in nursing, nursing education and health care to college administrators.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the assessment unit, the development and support of Excelsior College examinations in nursing.
- Monitor the curricula and recommend policies in conjunction with the faculty and dean; oversee the academic quality and integrity of the degrees and recommend appropriate changes as necessary.
- Explore new options for meeting degree requirements.
- Assist the dean in all activities pertaining to registration and accreditation of degree programs.
- Provide leadership for maintaining the excellence and integrity of the nursing degree programs through research and evaluation.
- Represent Excelsior College at appropriate academic conferences, professional meetings and community activities.
- Seek external funding to support new initiatives in the degree programs.
Assist in Outreach and Promotion with the Enrollment Management Unit.
- Participate in institution-wide strategic planning and the annual budgetary process.
- Provide leadership to staff in proactively delivering quality service to students.
- Coordinate activities of the degree programs with other College units.
- Serve as a member of college-wide committees as appointed.
The associate dean of the school of nursing reports to the dean of the school of nursing.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for promotion of the degree programs.
- Assist in identifying new markets and develop collaborative relationships with outside entities.
Occasional overnight travel is required.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online , or by mail:
- An earned doctorate in nursing or a related field
- A master's degree in nursing
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in New York State
- Distinguished record of teaching, research and scholarship
- Demonstrated leadership and management ability
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, nontraditional education of adults
- Experience in curriculum development and evaluation
Human Resources Office
Associate Dean, School of Nursing Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
Excelsior College - 20 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...