Associate Dean of Human Services
Fond du Lac
Regular Travel to Other Campus Locations Required
Full Time or Part Time
Academic or Year Round
$66,420 – 99,630
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Associate Dean of Human Services at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus. This position is responsible for the oversight of teaching and learning in the Human Services, which includes Criminal Justice, AODA , Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT , EMT Paramedic, Paramedic Technician, Fire Service Training, Traffic Safety, and CPR Training. This position provides supervision, guidance and support to 11 faculty and support professional staff. This position reports to the Dean of Health and Human Services.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
1. Recruit, orient, mentor, and provide for the ongoing development and evaluation of faculty and/or support professionals, and subsequent individual development plans in keeping with MPTC culture and workplace principles.
2. Supervise classes to ensure quality of curriculum, course design and delivery, adequate supplies and equipment, and enforcement of safety processes and procedures. Respond to student and instructor concerns and issues, develop and implement solutions, and makes recommendations to the Academic Dean when appropriate.
3. Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources (e.g. financial, human, physical plant) for the instructional programs, and seek alternative external resources in collaboration with the Academic Dean. Utilize a program review process to make data-informed decisions in the management of assigned programs and course offerings in order to maximize student retention and success.
4. Ensure that curriculum is relevant, current, consistent, and congruent with appropriate WTCS standards and formatted in the Wisconsin Instructional Design System via input from advisory committees and community partners.
5. Provide input to the Academic Dean in the development and implementation of course, certificate, diploma, and degree program modifications, and investigation and implementation of new certificate, diploma, and degree program offerings.
6. Develop course schedules (fall, spring, and summer) and faculty workload assignments for full-time and adjunct-faculty.
7. Develop, implement, and manage enrollment processes in certificate, diploma, and degree programs, to improve student access, effectiveness and efficiency of room scheduling, course scheduling, and assignment of faculty workload.
8. Serve on college committees, attends college wide activities, and participates in staff development activities and professional organizations. Attends and participates in State-called meetings and, in collaboration with the Academic Dean, serves as a liaison to the various industrial employers within the College District. Represents the college at community functions and attends events. Provide a managerial presence and supervision during the evening and other times as needed.
1. Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of certifiable teaching experience.
3. Two years of related occupational experience other than employment with a board of education.
4. Two years of coordination or supervisory experience. Supervisory experience in a post-secondary institution preferred.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based, innovative and continuous quality improvement focused environment. Experience leading cross functional teams.
7. Demonstrated organizational skills and project management experience with the ability to multitask. Experience managing and executing projects of similar size and complexity.
8. Ability to use computer hardware and software, including MS Office, email, internet, and ERP system (Banner preferred) and instructional technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching and learning.
9. Meet WTCS certification requirements for instructional supervisor .
Special Instructions to Applicants
The application form itself must be fully completed. Indicating “see resume” in blanks does not constitute a completed application and may result in disqualification. All application materials must be submitted online. Moraine Park Technical College conducts criminal arrest and conviction records checks on all management, supervisory and confidential, faculty support professional, temporary and adjunct faculty applications who are recommended for employment. Applicants with disabilities who need accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department, 920-924-3232 or TTY 920-929-2109. Applications accepted through the close of the business day (4:30 p.m.) of the closing date of the position posting. Moraine Park Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-924-6402. Please view our website at www.morainepark.edu .
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Moraine Park Technical College - 16 months ago