Forest Research Institute (FRI)
—a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc.—drives the scientific research and development behind Forest’s top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. With operations in Jersey City, NJ and on Long Island, plus clinical trial personnel across the country, the Institute’s highly skilled professionals enable Forest to license compounds at virtually any stage—from preclinical development to products that are ready for FDA review—and then complete the development and regulatory work to successfully bring vital new therapies to market. Each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees—including our 1,000 person strong Research Institute—contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
Our Farmingdale, NY office has an exciting opportunity available in the Bioanalytical & Drug Metabolism department for an
Associate Director, Bioanalytical
Main areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the technical, operational and strategic management of the 'New Technologies, Methods Development and Validation' group in support of routine regulated bioanalysis. Support will be provided using internal resources and capabilities and external contract research organizations for the new molecular entities on the FRI portfolio.
- Serve as a senior subject matter expert with responsibility for maintaining and advancing the bioanalytical expertise and capabilities.
- Foster new ideas to the bioanalytical and drug metabolism group, network with the external scientific community, and leverage internal scientific knowledge in support of industry practices and regulations. As a member of the BDM management team, the Associate Director will create and implement an organizational business strategy to meet the current and anticipated future business needs for the FRI programs.
- Spear head departmental operational and process changes to maximize efficiency with appropriate scientific quality and continue to provide transparency around the departmental metrics.
- Provide direction to group of three scientists on the methods development and validation of new methods for the quantification of the NME in biological matrices and specialized matrices in support of toxicokinetics, clinical pharmacokinetics and in-vitro studies.
- Evaluate new technologies in support of bioanalytical and drug metabolism activities and implement appropriate tools towards business deliverables.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Ph. D. in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or a suitably related scientific area, with at least 8 years of drug research experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or contract research organization.
- Experience in small molecules and biologics, strong experience and working knowledge of global regulations bioanalytical practices and standards as applicable to the support of preclinical and clinical studies.
- Strong credentials in quantitative regulated validation and bioanalysis, instrumentation and automation, and experience managing a team of scientists are required.Experience in support of new molecular entities through drug development and registration is desirable.
- Knowledge of drug metabolism in support of drug development is desirable.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 2 years ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...