The Associate Director, Brand Strategy is responsible for managing the company’s corporate brand strategy and brand awareness programs to achieve overall business goals for the brand and the company’s short-term and long-term strategic imperatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the company’s brand positioning, brand architecture, brand advertising, and corporate messaging strategy.
• Develop Illumina brand messaging which supports segment and product based messaging and business objectives.
• Lead M&A brand strategy integration efforts.
• Lead the development and execution of corporate brand initiatives and brand awareness campaigns and sponsorships.
• Manage brand agency engagements and partnerships.
• Oversee corporate brand research and competitive benchmarking data
• Collaborate across function within Illumina to build brand alignment and ensure a cohesive brand experience (business units, internal communications, Customer Solutions).
• Lead process and departmental improvement initiatives to drive development of world-class capabilities.
• Proven corporate brand management experience
• Experience leading company-wide brand architecture and brand positioning implementation initiatives, corporate identity efforts, corporate advertising, and brand awareness programs and sponsorships.
• Able to think strategically and translate opportunities into action plans.
• Agency management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and drive effective cross-functional efforts.
• Able to influence senior management decisions and lead key discussions.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Information gathering and analysis capability
• Ability to move quickly and respond dynamically
• Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Ability to facilitate and communicate at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to travel domestically and abroad
• Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
• Minimum 10 years global cross-functional marketing or agency experience, B2B background preferred.
• M&A integration experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
- 19 months ago - save job
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...