Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to e nsuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". Med Affairs Communication 1 We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary responsibility of this position is to possess an advanced level of therapeutic knowledge (experiential and theoretical) of pathophysiology, diagnosis, drug therapy, and desired patient outcomes that have been developed through study and experiential learning than use this advanced level of knowledge to effectively influence the appropriate decision making on medical matters across Bayer within the assigned therapeutic area of expertise.
Currently this position is in Wayne, NJ but will be moving to Whippany NJ in summer of 2013 permanently.
The incumbent will:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Directs or participates in the approval process for custom and standard inquiry responses. Review all standard responses within the therapeutic area of responsibility for accuracy, relevance, and timeliness prior to final approval by the MIS Director. Guides Medical Information personnel such that accurate and up-to-date information are provided to external customers and supervises and facilitates the search, review and interpretation of medical and scientific data;
- Leads the Medical review and approval of all Advertising & Promotion and Sales Training materials. Medical Affairs representative for LMR (Legal, Medical, Regulatory) team for assigned products and or therapeutic area;
- Review the scientific literature to develop content for new Medical Content standard letters and FAQs and revisions of existing letters for a Bayer disease state area combining clinical experience with critical analysis of clinical literature to synthesize an appropriate solution to a customer-specific, drug related problem while keeping within legal and regulatory guidelines;
- Oversees the development and delivery of medical education materials (written materials or lectures) to Medical Scientific Liaisons (MSL†s) and Sales Representatives. Also participates in the development and delivery of product profiles, including AMCP dossier preparation and product reimbursement support for state Medicaid and managed care organizations for a therapeutic area to ensure information provided to customers represents the most complete and accurate information available for a therapeutic area;
- Respond to verbal, written, and electronic medical/product inquiries from Healthcare Professionals, (e.g., Physicians, Pharmacists, Nurses), Consumers, accounts, Insurance and Government personnel that have been escalated from Customer Care Services (Call Center);
- Actively participate in marketing brand product teams, communications committees, product advisory board meetings, and other Bayer meetings to ensure that the MC scientifically accurate public health message supports business unit goals and is aligned to promotional materials and campaigns.
- Champion regular meetings with Medical Affairs (Medical Affairs, HEOR, MSLs,) and other business partners (Safety, Product Quality Complaints, Sales, Sales Training, Marketing) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of Bayer products assuring public health oriented responses and to assure the key medical messages are consistent and accurate throughout the company;
- Oversees development programs for Customer Care Services (i.e., MC Call Center) to ensure departmental objectives for service quality and service efficiency are met or exceeded. This may include collaborating with other MC leaders in developing training programs and team building events to ensure cross- functional support for achieving departmental objectives;
- Monitors Customer Care Specialists† activities on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure that responses provided to inquiries are medically accurate and in accordance with standard responses;
- Analyzes utilization reports generated from customer experience through calls and contacts, so that patterns, trends and issues discernible in the volume of incoming contacts are identified and shared with other MC management;
- Prepare and present lectures in primary disease state area to Bayer colleagues and health care professionals;
- Delivers at least 2 presentations within the Bayer business areas and 2 presentations to professional/patient advocacy/other groups;
- Attend at least 2 national professional/patient advocacy association meetings and one major scientific meeting per year;
- Manages the Medical Affairs booth for Bayer products at Medical and Scientific conventions and conferences;
- Research, review relevant and present background information and scientific literature regarding investigator sponsored studies proposals;
- Understands and utilizes all appropriate information technology applications in the discharge of responsibilities;
- Performs work within IT systems that is aligned with approved procedures and with continuing efforts to improve efficiency.
- PhD, Pharm D., M.D., RPh. with at least 5 - 10 years† experience within a pharmaceutical or medical device company or equivalent clinical experience required;
- Experience in a formal drug information center or equivalent clinical experience required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required;
- Knowledge of FDA regulations regarding the dissemination of Medical Information, drug promotion and adverse event and product quality complaint reporting is required;
- Computer proficiency required.
Bayerjobs.com - 17 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...