Job Posting |
We are currently hiring an Associate Director of Communications for our Indianapolis location. This position would require relocation to Indianapolis.
The Associate Director of Communications will support the Research and Development Business based in Indianapolis and will be an adjunct member of the leadership team. The position will set and execute the communications strategy for the business, advancing the BU’s business priorities, while ensuring alignment with company vision and priorities. The position will act as an internal expert and consultant providing coaching and counseling to the key BU senior leaders in matters related to communication and ensure that communications is integrated into the leadership decision making and planning.
This position is also responsible for setting the direction and executing an integrated communications program, as necessary.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute overall communications strategy and plans to employees to contribute to organization’s operational effectiveness.
• Interact with key stakeholders (meetings, one-on-ones, organizational “listening”) to be proactive in counseling on group and BU-specific communication needs.
• Continuously look for ways to improves BU communication processes and identify critical communication opportunities.
• Lead and direct employee communications projects and programs, to include, but not limited to:
o General senior management communications
o Change communications strategies and implementation plans.
o Support BU strategic client communications efforts, including development of communication messages, materials, etc.
o Assist in media/public relations and crisis management situations specific to BU.
• Travel to US/Europe required
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us
BS in business or communications/public relations
• BS in business or communications/public relations
• 8 to 10 years communications experience in global corporation
• Proven track record of interacting and partnering with senior leadership and working with virtual teams
• Solid experience in dealing with media (national and local) and managing crisis/issues
• Agency Experience a plus
• Strong communication (oral and written) skills
• Solid experience in change communications
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Excellent leadership and people skills (team-orientation/ relationship building)
• Ability to work in lean environment and manage through ambiguity
• Challenges traditional thinking and brings “creative ideas” to the table
• Proven ability to high-pressure and fast-paced environment
• Understands importance of integrated, iterative implementation
• Comfortable with dealing with external stakeholders, including media, agencies and business groups
• Proficiency in computer applications essential to presentations and communications (Powerpoint, design software)
• Willing and able to travel Europe/US (at least 20%)
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 18 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...