Job Description Summary
The Senior Associate Director is responsible for strategic development of employer partnerships through a strong professional development approach that results in internship and job opportunities for Undergraduate students. Specifically responsible for identifying and cultivating targeted employer partnerships; planning, coordinating, and implementing programs and services to promote career and employment success for Undergraduate students; representing CCD at Babson College programs that meet the needs of students, parents, employers and alumni; and providing career advising to Undergraduate students.
- Manages the Undergraduate Recruiting Program which includes managing the development and maintenance of undergraduate employment and recruiting activity including data collection, analysis, and reporting; and maintaining relationships with potential employers of Babson graduates to understand corporate sourcing needs, to assist corporate recruiting efforts, and to assist student career development.
- Engages the employer community in creative ways including designing an employer advisory board; collaborating with Babson Boards of Governance to build company relationships; and tracking geographical college needs and areas for opportunity expansion.
- Provides leadership researching key industry trends and opportunities affecting undergraduate hiring and provides information to students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Manages planning and logistics for events designed to bring employers and students together including, but not limited to, annual Career Expo and Internship Fair events, BabsonConnect college wide alumni events, and Corporate Recruiter Day.
- Develops and implements programming with recruiting employers to build relationships and provide educational opportunities to students.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and delivers comprehensive career management advice and curriculum to students. Provides individual and group student advising on career development and job search strategies for key areas of interest. Supports students to develop and continually refine a job search strategy/marketing plan for both internship and full-time employment which includes guiding, assisting, and holding students accountable in the achievement of set goals.
- Works collaboratively with College Marketing to produce on-going external marketing campaigns. Evaluates production of external facing on-line and printed materials including brochures, bulletins, and guides.
- Oversees process, collection, and reporting for employer and graduate employment surveys.
- Represents Babson College and Center for Career Development through public speaking engagements on campus and in the larger community.
- Serves as the Manager in the absence of the Director.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Manager, Undergraduate Corporate Relations
Assistant Manager, Recruiting Program
Minimum Level of Education Required Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree with comparable experience)
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- At least 8-10 years corporate/higher education experience
- Superior customer service orientation (students, employers, and internal constituencies)
- Strong career counseling skills
- Excellent project management skills with equal emphases on process, people and results
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Well-informed about business/industry trends and activity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all undergraduate school faculty and administration
- Ability to manage, coach, and develop staff
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook/Calendar)
Evening and occasional weekend work; moderate travel
Babson College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard