Job Description Summary
The Associate Director is part of the Advancement Services Department responsible for the development, accuracy, and comprehensiveness of the Advancement database and prospect-management tools and systems. Specifically responsible for providing technical and functional leadership; performing complex reporting and analysis; documenting existing processes; making recommendations to improve operational effectiveness; assisting in the testing of new database releases and implementations of new features; and supporting both the Development division as well as the Alumni & Friends Network.
• Monitors the integrity of the information contained in the database and determines how to translate the data into usable, actionable information for the execution of fundraising and engagement strategies as well as measures of success.
• Works directly with business units to define needs and compile data and information to provide the necessary reports to enable the Alumni & Friends Network and fundraising managers to make informed business decisions and manage donors and prospects from an individual or segment perspective.
• Part of the team responsible for ensuring that the Advancement databases facilitate a strategic, integrated program of prospect identification, research, and donor management in support of major fundraising campaigns.
• Serves as the primary liaison between Advancement Services and the ITSD .
• Develops business processes for anticipating and meeting customer needs. Ensures that all team members have a solid understanding of the Advancement programs, strategies, and information systems.
• Responsible for the integrity of the database and compliance with sound financial management policies (including FASB ) and practices.
• Develop and implement a data integrity plan to ensure accuracy of all biographical, prospect, and event data.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Development Data Specialist
Development Systems Analyst
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
• A minimum of 6-8 years of related experience in fundraising, direct marketing, finance/accounting, business, or equivalent combination.
• Experience in utilizing standard statistical practices and tools such as SAS ; excellent analytical and quantitative skills including ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data and statistical models.
• Experience with major fundraising database systems such as Millennium, Team Approach, Raiser’s Edge, SCT Banner, etc.
• Experience implementing results of electronic donor screening and segmenting initiatives.
• Familiarity with relational databases and ability to design reports from databases using Crystal Reporting and SQL .
• Ability to use advanced computer functions.
• Knowledge of current trends in fundraising, marketing, and economics including benchmarking and metrics.
• Successful experience in developing, directing, and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to design and direct complex projects and diagnose complex problems.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to work with culturally ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
• Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
May require some late evening and weekend work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• MBA or Master’s Degree preferred