The Associate Director, Digital Investment is expected to establish strategic tactical direction for client's business objectives and understand all aspects of the digital marketplace. The role is a digital specific role and it is expected that the candidate has a high level understanding of the total digital ecosystem and the roles each of the digital platforms play in the daily lives of consumers. Key to this role is the ability of the ADDI to have a strong negotiation background and bring efficiencies and savings to PHD clients through strong marketplace partnerships. It is critical for the ADDI to be self-sufficient in aligning the communications objectives with the development of a holistic digital strategy, conveying the strategy to clients and agency teams and facilitating direction amongst the Digital Investment Team (DIT).
The ADDI is expected to build and maintain productive working partnerships with vendors, client teams, and agency partners/teams. As a result of those partnerships the ADDI should be seen by all as the lead negotiator with the media; acting as counsel, resource, and facilitator on client behalf with key players in the media world.
This is a hands-on leader role that requires balancing between delegating responsibly and ownership of executing deliverables on time, on budget, and with attention to quality. Work will flow from the DIT, up to the ADDI. The ADDI must ensure the team is on track on a daily basis. This role sets the tone for the team in terms of establishing support, guidance, priorities, morale, energy level, and a high quality standard. The ADDI will partner with Human Resources to assess talent, set performance goals, supervise-coach-provide routine feedback against performance expectations, advocate learning and development, and recruit talent to drive outcomes that deliver on ROI.
- Experience in the Retail, Health, CPG or DR sectors would be helpful to candidate.
- 3+ years in a management role; must be comfortable managing a team of 5-10 employees.
- Must love managing and leading a team of passionate and dedicated media professionals across digital areas.
- Meeting with senior leaders to understand and facilitate client, agency and business requests.
- Understanding of client/agency finance process; client billing and employee hours/pacing against business scope.
- Must follow DIT agency process to support/push continued adherence to facilitate workflow and manage expectations.
- 7+ years digital buying
- Must have a strong understanding of the digital marketplace with regard to rates, digital buying models, negotiation and contract execution.
- Initiating, negotiating, and maintaining vendor commitment levels and contracts across agency and/or client portfolio
- Knowledge in Comscore, DFA, Adviews is a non-negotiable.
- Must be proficient in media terminology, media math, and reach and frequency calculations
A high level of success is required in each of the following Core Competencies.
Brings creative ideas that meet needs, solves problems and drives the business strategy. Can manage the creative process and facilitate brainstorming. Open to the ideas of others. Can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
Identifies opportunities to increase individual and organizational performance or results by consistently looking at ways to make things better. Remains solution-oriented even in the face of disappointment and adversity.
Considers a broad business context for the development of challenging and realistic goals. Creates a direction for the organization and devises the plans for short-term and long-term vitality, grow and success.
Understands industry trends and their potential impact on our organization. Maintains a stable of sources for real-time information that can affect our industry and our company. Knows our position in the market place and works to exploit it.
Cluster: Personal Impact
Demonstrates a realistic knowledge of self-strengths and weaknesses. Is self-confident and true to their convictions, yet open to alternative perspectives and constructive feedback. Is able to control their state of mind and mood by keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check while maintaining an ability to work in a productive manner.
Planning and Organization
Creates a plan that organizes and aligns resources in order to accomplish objectives within an established timeline. Handles unanticipated events and situations effectively by having an alternative plan of action. Efficiently manages multiple demands and competing priorities.
Intelligently manages the reward/risk ratio. Takes responsibility for making timely and well-analyzed decisions. Confirms conclusions and takes actions based upon the facts, available resources and our organizational goals and values.
PHD is a dynamic organization. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this position will change from time to time in accordance with the Agency's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those described.
- Committed to and delivers client service
- Professional presence
- Resourceful and analytical thinker
- Must be willing and able to manage, motivate, define, execute, and deliver
- Excellent presentation skills:
- Conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings and decisions in a clear, concise and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both good verbal and written skills. Is a good listener
Omnicom Media Group - 19 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...